Pregnant Kitty, HELP-active labor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katzluver65

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took Pumpkin to the vet this morning when they opened. I left her with them. I just called and checked on her. They did an X-ray and there are no more kittens. I think you may be right. I think she has been through an ordeal over the last 5 days and she is dehydrated, in pain and she really hasn't eaten. I will update after I talk to the vet this afternoon. We both agreed that spaying her right now would not be a good idea. I don't want her being put to sleep in her weakened state. Once she is stronger, that's first on the list.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with not spaying right now in her condition. I am anxious to hear what they recommend for her. Glad you took her in.

katzluver65

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you. I'm holding to talk to the vet now. I appreciate your help!!!

katzluver65

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I picked her up last night. She was given fluids all day. She had some discharge, so they thought chances were high that she might have an infection even though her temperature was normal, so they gave her an antibiotic injection and sent her home with clavamox. She definitely has perked up a little and is more vocal. I've got to see if I can get her to eat. She ate a little bit of canned food there. She said to give her something that she would really like. Any advice on what brand of canned food is tastier to the kitties?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
K katzluver65

I'm glad to hear that she's perked up some!

I like Fancy Feast personally, but I recommend that you try Gerber meat baby food, particularly the turkey or chicken. Warm it up a little. Cats usually love it, and it's easy to lap and digest. And just for fluid, cats usually love tuna water.

I'm also glad she's on an antibiotic. I hope she continues feeling better. I was worried about her!