Pregnant Kitten!

lockiedox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi guys,
I have recently rescued three cats (two of which are pregnant) and their mum.

Both have settled in and are putting on weight with a proper diet.

Mum has been neutered and is like shes been here all along.

I have them three weeks now and they were both fairly round when i took them in but still no signs of labour.

They were vet checked three weeks ago and the vet reckoned they have between 1.5 and 2.5 weeks left before they had their kittens.

One is very stand offish and chases her mum crying quite alot in recent days but is eating great and acting normal.

The second is quite happy to be on her own in a room. She has recently become very clingy and today i noticed a tiny wet patch on her rear end and shes giving faint little cries all evening but then continues playing away.

Ive had a cat have a litter before but she went against every bit of advice ive ever read.

Her temperature didnt drop, she ate before, during and after labour, had no milk until she had the kittens and didnt make a sound during the whole process.

My questions are should i seperate the shy one from mum as i tried and she gets very upset and just cries until shes left out to her and secondly could the other one be in the early stages of labour?

Taking temperatures is out of the question as all three were feral and are still quite bitey when there scared.

Any help would be fantastic and both are getting neutered as soon as the kittens are weaned

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How old do you reckon these pregnant kittens are?

It does sound like the one kitten may be in early labor. If not, she's close to starting labor.

I would let the other kitten be with her mom as long as mom is okay with it.

Poor gals! Thank you for rescuing them! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lockiedox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The vet thinks their about 10 months.

Mum seems fine but can become irritated at times when the kitten is over affectionate and shes just not in the mood.

Just a bit concerned she may harm the kittens if she has them while im not around.

Busy week ahead

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lockiedox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The pregnant cats mother.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If that's the case, then separate the mom and kitten when you cannot be there.