Pregnant Kitten Still Wrestling With My Dog...is it okay?!?!

charliethestray

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I am new so be kind please!  I have an 8mth old puppy, a 6yr old cat, and this kitten that is/was a stray.  So my story goes as many others probably have, I have a 6-7mth old kitten that literally decided she was having us and would not take no for an answer...that was about 2 weeks ago, now I find out she is preggo!!  Just some background, I always take my pup out on a leash to poop so I can clean it up and not have to worry about me or my kiddo's accidentally finding it and tracking it through my house! (Plus its just nasty not to!!! lol)  Anyways, while out at about 11pm two weeks ago, out of nowhere my puppy is dive-bombed by a little ball of grey fur!! This kitten proceeds to romp and play with my puppy for a good 30min, while I froze to death!  It was so cute I let them though, my puppy has been training to be a service dog for our local childrens hospital and also for my son who is Autistic.  Because of this she is a very, very gentle dog and from the start had nothing but love for the kitten.  She even had the kitten accidentally put her head in my dogs open mouth twice and my pup just looked at me like *** do I do now mom?!?  She has never closed down to bite or even hold her in place, never growls...nothing that could be aggressive! She does lick her to death and they do play hard and rough, running all over the house, tackling each other, the kitten still hides outside and will then run and leap onto my dogs back and wrestle her!  The thing is, even though I DO NOT want another cat, from the start she was going nowhere...crying all night outside whenever she was away from Layla (my puppy) and my dog would whimper in here wanting the kitten, like 2 forlorn lovers!!!  So I will admit I started feeding her a week ago (she would not leave my property) and then I brought her in finally this week and NOW I find out that she is PREGNANT!!! I wont abort, I dont believe in it, and yes I am worried for her and the babies, so pls no lectures! I will do all I can to help her and the kittens, but first they have to be delivered, so after this huge explanation and story...here is my question~

Will all of this wrestling and play with my dog hurt the babies???  

She is small, though gaining weight fast now I am feeding her well, her tummy is def. getting big fast!  I am worried since I just found out how short a cat's gestation is, that the poor babies will be banged around and hurt since they are bigger then I thought in there!!  They think she is 3-4 weeks pregnant, though not sure since she was a stray and underweight as it was.  

Any positive help is really appreciated!!!

Thanks

Charlie The Kitten  :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Awww. I love that your puppy has adopted this kitten on your behalf! Now your puppy has a life-long friend. The kitten sounds very sweet and friendly, and such a shame she is pregnant at such a young age, but it is what it is and through no fault of yours. She is very lucky that you have taken her in and that she is being fed very well. She needs the nutrition to grow, as well as to sustain a healthy pregnancy.

To answer your question, I think your kitten is playing like a kitten! She cannot contain herself! I think that if she becomes uncomfortable she will settle down a bit. The kittens are probably fine and are well protected inside their mom. As long as she is not getting bitten and your puppy is not too rough, I see no reason why they should not play to their heart's content.

I have a question for you: are her nipples pink and rosy yet? This information will help us to know how far along she is.

And thanks much for taking her in! :)