Pregnant kitten nipples?

LeiLatte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I rescued 2 kitten siblings from outside, a boy and girl around age 6-8 weeks. I thought they were more like 8 weeks because that’s when I saw their feral mom’s belly get smaller 2 months prior, but the vet said based on their size they were 6-7.

Well now they are about 3.5 months old and the vets here don’t want to spay until 4-5 months old. I have an appointment already scheduled in 2 weeks, but I notice the female’s nipples feel like they’re getting bigger/swollen in that area, unless it’s my paranoia. And they look very pink. She is just a baby and I am mortified.

I never saw her go into heat or that they did anything like that together. They do stay together all day but we watch their behaviors and other than kitten wrestling I just haven’t seen it.

I’m going to try to ask the vet if they have a sooner opening for spay/neuter, but they will probably be booked since it’s 2 weeks away.

Sorry she won’t sit still to get a good picture.

IMG_3742.jpeg 9F12B1E2-EB7C-4CEA-868F-67324D65AE0C.jpeg IMG_3686.jpeg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is unlikely, but not impossible. I have had 4-month-old ferals get pregnant. She can't be far along if she is, I have had ferals that were hard to catch and much farther along than that when spayed. it may cost a little more. two weeks shouldnt matter. just make SURE the vet who is doing the spay is aware of it. the blood vessels are engorged and there is more bleeding. the ferals i had spayed/aborted came through fine, the ones that had their litters that young did not. A couple died because they wouldn't let me help them. she may be just gearing up her hormones too to come into heat. i hope so. bless you for helping these little ones, they are so lucky!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LeiLatte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the response! I moved their appointment up a week so they both got fixed today. I didn’t mention my thoughts when dropping her off because the nipple swelling seemed like went down. The vet office said she was in heat though so they charged an extra $10 for an enlarged uterus. Her nipples are pink and sticking out now that I can see her shaved tummy better. Her brother had his regular testicle and hidden testicle removed too from the stomach, but it was right under the skin so only a small extra charge.

It’s sad they can get pregnant so young if they can’t survive the delivery.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the response! I moved their appointment up a week so they both got fixed today. I didn’t mention my thoughts when dropping her off because the nipple swelling seemed like went down. The vet office said she was in heat though so they charged an extra $10 for an enlarged uterus. Her nipples are pink and sticking out now that I can see her shaved tummy better. Her brother had his regular testicle and hidden testicle removed too from the stomach, but it was right under the skin so only a small extra charge.

It’s sad they can get pregnant so young if they can’t survive the delivery.
Yay!!! Thank you for doing your part as a responsible pet owner. It does suck that she was in heat but at least they still did it for you instead of having to reschedule. 😀😀😀😺😺😺❤❤❤❤

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Congratulations! You did the right thing having both spayed and neutered the same day. Neither cat can get pregnant nor impregnate another now. You are a winner! Both your cats will now be happier and healthier forever more. Thank you!