pregnant foster cat

4catz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I am new here. I foster cats for a rescue and at the moment have a young pregnant foster cat in. I have had her for a week now and it looks as if her belly is expanding and becoming firmer. I think I also saw her kittens moving unless I was looking too hard and thought thats what I saw. Her belly had been shaved by her previous owners vet and her nipples look slightly pink and the back ones are pink around the nipples too. She is playing and purring a lot. She is eating well and drinking a fair amount of water. She is also pooing a lot it is quite smelly. I know it is probably hard to tell, but any ideas on how pregnant she is and how close she may be to giving birth. I have no idea as she came in as a rescue and although her previous owners said she was pregnant they didn't say by how much. I have her until the kittens are old enough to be rehomed and then she will be spayed and rehomed by the rescue. Any help will be gratefully received. Also could you give me any idea what the early symptoms of labour are. I have fostered newborn kittens before but this is the first time I have had a pregnant cat.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the two cats I have had both gave birth with no complications. You might want to check with your rescue, I'm sure there is someone who has fostered loads of pregnant kitties! Good luck with your new adventure!