Pregnant Foster Cat

Abigailfosters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I am a cat + kitten fosterer! I have had a few pregnant mums before but it's been about 6/7 months since my last litter born with me.
No idea how far gone she isn't, before coming into rescue she has had 2 litters of kittens, last one being four months ago :( We persuaded her owner to let us take her to have her kittens and get her spayed before giving her back. As it seemed like she was going to have litter after litter. She had 5 kittens last time. She is quite a small girl, can't be very old really. She has a round belly, but not massive, her nipples are obvious and she's loosing her belly fur. I'd guess she's between 5-6.5 weeks pregnant, as I haven't yet felt any babies moving. She eats a lot but doesn't seem to want to eat whilst alone. She seems to fill her self up while I'm there.
I've attached some pictures! I don't really have any questions but thought I'd write an introduction incase I need any help/advice at some point!
She's so lovely, gets a little over excited about being fussed and ends up rolling around on her back IMG_20190122_200834.jpg IMG_20190122_201002.jpg IMG_20190122_201001.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She’s pretty! Thanks for fostering her! It sounds like you have a lot of experience caring for pregnant cats, but of course, please don’t hesitate to ask if you ever have any questions! And please do keep us updated!
We love kitten pictures, BTW.:catman:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Abigailfosters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will definitely be posting kitten pictures! Apparently she had a proper mixture of colours last time so it's possible she could again if she was caught by the same cat/s poor girl is going to be exhausted! She is super lovely and just happy to have her own quiet place I think!

Abigailfosters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, little update! On Monday we will have had Tinker for 2 weeks, so she will be a minimum of 6 weeks pregnant. I haven't felt or seen any movement yet, she is still munching away on kitten biscuits, she hardly touchs the meat I put down for her but as long as she is eating I'm happy! She hasn't grown too much but I think she is sticking out a little more than before! When I see her daily I find it hard to tell the difference in gradual growing but when someone who hasn't seen her for a few days comes and says she's huge I feel a little better haha. (My first pregnant foster cat lost her kittens and ended up with pyometra so get a little worried until I start feeling movement!) All seems well at the moment though! IMG_20190202_204954.jpg IMG_20190202_204923.jpg

Abigailfosters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, update!
I was worried about Tinker not growing much, no movement etc. I took her for another check up, they scanned her and nothing there! Not sure what they felt at her appointment but she'll be spayed on Monday and returned to her owner!
Then I'll have space ready for kitten season!