Pregnant Cat

Brieebriee98

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Dodge is very pregnant! She started having pink watery discharge yesterday morning at 7am it is now 2:14am still no kittens. Throughout the day she has continued with the discharge. She's being overly clingy and has to follow me wherever I go. You can see movement heavily in her belly. She's also breathing pretty hard. She has four nesting boxes in her favorite spots. But my question is how long before she may have these kittens? I'm super worried about her .

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you have access to a good vet? If so best to contact her at least phone her. Now asap.

The advice depend in part on where she is - before she dropped and this is braxton hicks contractions. Or has she dropped labor has began and its longish and alarming now.

B Brieebriee98

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Pink discharge is not uncommon in the 24-48 hours before labor and delivery.

It sounds to me like your cat is laboring. Has she delivered kittens yet? If not, she should soon. First stage labor can last 24 hours and is uncomfortable for cats, so they purr heavily and seek comfort from their human.

If she is pushing without success, call a vet immediately. If she is not in distress, wait it out.

Do you plan to spay your cat after this litter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brieebriee98

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I called the vet this morning and she told me to stop over thinking it it can take time. No kittens yet as of 5:13 pm. And yes I do plan on getting her spayed. They have a spay a day where I'm from and its free but unfortunately she got pregnant before hand.