Pregnant Cat

Shaylynn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello I have a pregnant cat not sure how far she is eating fine her normal temp is 100.5 today I took it and it's 99.4 she has been licking her area and she been laying around her nipples are firm and large she has a apt Mon I just got her and I'm not sure about pregnant cats help please

Attachments

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi when did you get her ? Sorry does she have a vets appointment Monday? There are lots of threads on here which help with pregnant cats and kitten care you should refer to.

Sarthur2 Sarthur2 talkingpeanut talkingpeanut are good with advice too

DeweytheLion

The Biggest Smallest Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the Cat Site! :wave3:
What questions do you have about your pregnant cat?
I would suggest you feed her a wet kitten food, or kitten kibble. Wet is better! Just be sure that it is specifically for kittens. Kittens tend to need more protein than adult cats, and you can find the most protein in canned wet foods(for kittens!!).
It's important mom gets the same stuff they need so that they can have a decent body weight at birth. This could make the difference between life and death!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for taking in a pregnant kitty. Glad she's getting to the vet on Monday. Keep us posted on how she's doing.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
S Shaylynn

How long have you had her? Have you been seeing or feeling kitten movement in her belly?

She may be ready to have her kittens, but it is difficult for us to know how far along she is without more information. However, temperature is not a reliable indicator.

Here are some helpful links:

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?

Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth

Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens!

Do you plan to spay your cat after this litter weans?

Please do not let her outside anymore at all until after she is spayed.