Pregnant Cat

mccat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Hi All,  I am new to this thread and have read many of the previous posts and just wanted to share mine

Around 12 months ago I was driving home and saw someone throw a box out of their car window,  unfortunately the car in front of me didnt stop.    I stopped mainly curiousity and to move the box to find some dead kittens     I was so distraught (even though I am normally a dog person) I went back to my car to call my husband and then i saw this little kitten come up the verge....  Obviously I took her home and a farmer from the area came and moved the box. :(    I only got partial car reg and reported this to SSPCA.   I took this little kitten home and got him checked at Vets etc.  My vet said was aproximately 5/6 weeks old and offered to find him a home, but by this time I had already fell in love.   Anyway to cut a long story short this little boy turned out to be a little girl as I found out 65 days ago when I spotted her doing something that wasnt normal for a boy cat.    Yes I will be getting her spayed as soon as she can, again I never had cats so wasnt sure what to look for, the vet may have said what sex the kitten was but as I was distraught didnt really notice.  I did look up books etc and sex kitten myself (big mistake which I now regret)

So SHE is 65 days gone,  beach ball tummy, breathing faster, still eating lots, not interested in nesting boxes (plural)  the kittens have been jumping around for over two weeks now,  my question finally..... do all cats show signs of labour???  Her teats are pink and she has started moving some hair from them but not as much as some pictures I have seen???  She had an upset tummy yesterday but fine again today.  Guess I just wanted some advice and somewhere to share the pictures where they come.

p.s.  Have the sterilised scissors and dental floss etc all ready just in case :(     

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mccat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Well Jinx gave birth to 5 kittens through the night.  No warning signs at all other than being a bit more affectionate....  I came down this morning and she had given birth in litter tray :(   I moved all carefully over to bed and actually had to cut some placentas from kittens.   Thanks for the tips on here about using nails for this, was brilliant idea, was scared to get too close with scissors.

Mummy feeding all her babies well so far.

Weights as of day 1

Torti   -            109

tabbi  -             103

Tabbi/White   - 118

Ginger   -         110

Ginger/white  -  110

photos to follow.

Just wanted to add great advice on here that I have read on previous posts which definately helped me keep calm..  :)

Last edited:

izzyrobinson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are all lovely kittens and the mama cat is beautiful. Congratulations, you sound like your doing a great job!

mccat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you [emoji]128513[/emoji]. You would think it was me that had them so proud of her she only leaves them to eat and even then checks every few seconds lol

keep sneaking through to check they all still there

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Congrats, good luck and welcome!

Although Im a little shocked seeing your post, how did I managed to miss it?  I was active both days... Or did you started in another forum and got moved?

Anyway, the weights looks very nice, all are also of roughly the same weigh, no runts.

Please keep reporting and asking!

/S

mccat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lol and thank you [emoji]128522[/emoji]. Think i picked most un imaginitive title "pregnant cat".

zookeeper93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh My Gosh! What a beautiful mama cat and adorable litter of babies! Her picture expresses her contentment and joy. Sorry to have missed your earlier post! Congratulations and so happy all are happy and healthy. What a smorgasborg she had of colors.  

mccat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ah thank you [emoji]128522[/emoji]. yeah she has two tabbies. Two gingers and one tortieshell. jinx also has some peach colours through her too. Most unusual.