Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All i know is that we are giving 1 male to a friend, and giving up the other 2 males(or looking for potential adoptees that are friends with my mom). We will 100% keep momma, and probably keep both female kitties... i just.. i cant give them up.. id rather eat less to save money than have them taken away from me to some stranger i don't trust.. im being selfish i know but maybe i would change my mind someday...

We live in a cold climate obv... no strays are usually roaming outside since there is snow and it becomes like -10 in november. Watch how temperature reaches -40 💀💀💀 we will try to get them spayed and neutered by december.

Nobody looked for momma cat when she came to us. We never saw posters or anything. Maybe they didnt want her anymore due to financial problems or something since she isnt spayed and she came to us looking like an adult cat already. Or maybe she came from a total different area.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It looks like you are doing what you can to find them good homes. You’ve been very good to them. When you find out the prices to get them ALL fixed and vaccinated, and dewormed, let us know. I think you should set up a go fund me or something similar and those of us here who want to contribute can help out a bit. You’ve been very dedicated on a bare threads budget! Then you should be able to keep your girls, and find your sweet boys good homes knowing that you gave them a wonderful start in life. :heartshape:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At what age can kittens use clumping litter??

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My mom finally contacted snap last friday and we have sent them the informations about each and every one of the meow meows. We are now just waiting for them to respond. :)))

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
SNAP Finally replied... but their appointments are in February huhuhu. I'm glad but i'm kinda mad that my mom didnt contact them sooner. We still have not found a home for the boys... ive finally decided to give them up as soon as possible. I just really hope they can find great homes.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The kittens have reached the age of 4 months. I'm just wondering if its possible for them to mate without us knowing? its hard to tell if anything has happened since the girls are affectionate and very loud since they were way younger. one of the females peed in a corner when a litter box used to be but i dont know if it was her spraying or if she just didnt get to the other litterbox quick enough.

You see, we havent started separating them. I plan to tonight tho. STILL NO ADOPTEES im mad. i just really dont want them in shelters.
Anyways, thats all. i was just curious if ill be able to tell if anything happened yet. how will male cats behave if theyre starting to want to do it?

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi! Since they just turned four months, you are still safe because the boys haven’t figured anything out yet. But by the time they reach five months old, some are quite capable, and it just impossible to know. You are smart to separate them! With cats it can happen quickly. The boys will attempt to mount the girls, or bite their necks. And females can get pregnant without even being in heat! They will become more territorial and may even spray. More than likely your girl just peed in that spot. There was someone on here not too long ago who’s five month old kitten got her cat pregnant and the vet didn’t want to neuter him before he was 6 months old ( I think).

Talk to your teachers and show them the adorable photos you have. If you have to give them up, four months old is still a good age to get a home so they won’t be in the shelter long! You’ve taken good care of them and socialized them well. They are still at the perfect age, irresistible, adorable and fun!

Figure out your plan and for now separate them when you’re not home or at night. Within the next week or two, they should be permanently separated. Even from mom! Better to be safe than sorry. Surrendering them is very brave of you. Come here any time you need us!:happycat:

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
One nice thing you can do is write a little bio for each of the boys, describing their personalities, likes and how they were such little fat boys as newborns. They can include that with the adoptive families and it makes it special to know something about their earliest days. I know it’s hardest on you, but maybe they will let you know how they are doing?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One nice thing you can do is write a little bio for each of the boys, describing their personalities, likes and how they were such little fat boys as newborns. They can include that with the adoptive families and it makes it special to know something about their earliest days. I know it’s hardest on you, but maybe they will let you know how they are doing?
I really hope they will tell me huhu. I'm just afraid of them getting into those families with very little kids, or those who smoke or do drugs inside their homes because i know quite a lot of people here do so and i just feel really bad for their pets. I don't want them to be mistreated or anything since i spent so much of my time trying to keep them as safe and healthy as i can.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi! Since they just turned four months, you are still safe because the boys haven’t figured anything out yet. But by the time they reach five months old, some are quite capable, and it just impossible to know. You are smart to separate them! With cats it can happen quickly. The boys will attempt to mount the girls, or bite their necks. And females can get pregnant without even being in heat! They will become more territorial and may even spray. More than likely your girl just peed in that spot. There was someone on here not too long ago who’s five month old kitten got her cat pregnant and the vet didn’t want to neuter him before he was 6 months old ( I think).

Talk to your teachers and show them the adorable photos you have. If you have to give them up, four months old is still a good age to get a home so they won’t be in the shelter long! You’ve taken good care of them and socialized them well. They are still at the perfect age, irresistible, adorable and fun!

Figure out your plan and for now separate them when you’re not home or at night. Within the next week or two, they should be permanently separated. Even from mom! Better to be safe than sorry. Surrendering them is very brave of you. Come here any time you need us!:happycat:
I will try my best to get someone to fall in love with the kitties! I will post like you said, pics and short descriptions and i will try to get my friends to share them.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That’s great! Also be sure to keep an open mind regarding the humane society. They are top notch where you live and will fully get the boys fixed, fully vaccinated, dewormed, checked out by a vet and love and attention until they meet their forever homes. The kittens up to 6 months old are $100 to adopt. That means it’s less likely they’ll go to drug addicts or unloving abusive homes. They have to fill out an application and get approved. They are experts and truly animal lovers. Don’t wait too long. If I were in your shoes, I would feel good handing them over because I’d choose to see it as an opportunity to give them a better life. Go on Facebook and watch the videos of the staff interacting with the cats! They are very kindhearted and knowledgeable!

Yes, it’s painful because there are still all kids of what ifs. But try to think positive. What if they get adopted together, or in a set of twos, with one going with another kitten? What if they go to some really nice families who are looking forward to having these joyful beings enter their lives. Think of the joy you can pass on to others.
Remember, they are growing quickly and they will be more easily adopted the sooner you take them in. Think how happy they will make another family! Write those biographies for the humane society. And keep in mind, your city is not all comprised of bad neighborhoods or drug abusers. They adopt out all over. If you can picture the joy on those to adopt them, it will make it easier to not stay negative. Trust the process a little. If you give the cats away, you still run the same risks because you don’t know if they really want them. You don’t know if they will get them neutered of taken to the vet. Some say they will but don’t and then they become baby makers.

Do you have anymore pictures?

Last edited:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That’s great! Also be sure to keep an open mind regarding the humane society. They are top notch where you live and will fully get the boys fixed, fully vaccinated, dewormed, checked out by a vet and love and attention until they meet their forever homes. The kittens up to 6 months old are $100 to adopt. That means it’s less likely they’ll go to drug addicts or unloving abusive homes. They have to fill out an application and get approved. They are experts and truly animal lovers. Don’t wait too long. If I were in your shoes, I would feel good handing them over because I’d choose to see it as an opportunity to give them a better life. Go on Facebook and watch the videos of the staff interacting with the cats! They are very kindhearted and knowledgeable!

Yes, it’s painful because there are still all kids of what ifs. But try to think positive. What if they get adopted together, or in a set of twos, with one going with another kitten? What if they go to some really nice families who are looking forward to having these joyful beings enter their lives. Think of the joy you can pass on to others.
Remember, they are growing quickly and they will be more easily adopted the sooner you take them in. Think how happy they will make another family! Write those biographies for the humane society. And keep in mind, your city is not all comprised of bad neighborhoods or drug abusers. They adopt out all over. If you can picture the joy on those to adopt them, it will make it easier to not stay negative. Trust the process a little. If you give the cats away, you still run the same risks because you don’t know if they really want them. You don’t know if they will get them neutered of taken to the vet. Some say they will but don’t and then they become baby makers.

Do you have anymore pictures?
Thank you so much. 😭 its just that on their website, it said that they can't guarantee the future of the pets that enter. But i will. I really want to give them up...

I kind of think that the kittens have done waaay before i thought about anything happening. Its hard to tell because the females have been affectionate since they were really young and now, they are even more affectionate.

They love to rub themselves on us too. They literally lay down when we touch them and they ask for belly rubs, and rolls around a lot. They knead the air while they get rubs too. Always meowing non stop when they rub themselves on us. And earlier, one of the female kitties did not want to eat which was unusual since she's the first one in line when we prepare their food. Anyways, i hope this is all just me overthinking but i'm thinking about giving the girls up instead just incase they come out as pregnant.... bUT THEN I LOVE THEM TOO MUCH. I will get my mom to call the humane society soon. We really need to get them new homes. I tried separating them at night but one of the males keep crying because he doesn't like being separated from his mom.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I read that too, but that doesn’t apply to kittens! A lot of times people will surrender their very ill or very aggressive pets, that would be hard to adopt out. They would have to make the tough decisions in those cases if they couldn’t find someone to adopt them and accept potential huge vet bills.
Since your kittens just turned four months, and there are no other older males in your house I really don’t think they are pregnant. They do need to be kept separate. The fact that he doesn’t want to be separated from his mom is also a danger because eventually they could get her pregnant too if they don’t get fixed or kept separate!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you can just get the 2 boys neutered, and they all stay indoors, the problem of potential pregnancy goes away. Neutering is cheaper than spaying.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello. update.. The boys are still with us... Surrendering pets costs quite a bit of money so my mom is delaying it since were tight on budget right now.. like always... she still does not have a job... Also, the kitten that we suspect that might be pregnant has been throwing up for 2 days now. Once yesterday, and another one today.
We usually keep them separated especially at night. But they are usually together during the day. I just don't know how much attention my mom is giving them to make sure they don't mate tho.
Both female kittens and 1 male are having really loose wet stool. I'M STRESSED.
I kind of want to give them all away but my family refuses to give 4/6 away. Still a big responsibility :"// Any thoughts or comments?
I've been trying to get my mom to call humane just to see if we can surrender now and pay later, and hopefully we can do so.