Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I opened the door so she can come out easily now. She's planning to put them under the couch again. I added new blankets.

Sigh all my fault :"(

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They are absolutely adorable! Gorgeous!! That is a cute action shot you got of them playing.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are absolutely adorable! Gorgeous!! That is a cute action shot you got of them playing.
THEY ALWAYS WAKE UP WHEN I WALK IN THE ROOM AND STARTS CRAWLING TOWARDS ME HUHUHU. They always play and its interesting how they, groom? each other haha.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also, what type of litter are safe for momma and kittens once they start using the litter?I'm running out of the wood pellets and am planning to switch momma to a new and safer one.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And by the way, momma's poo is still so smelly and soft. It's not watery but its very soft and stinky ://. Not sure what i need to change.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Any kind of non-clumping clay litter will do.

What brand wet food and dry food are you feeding the mother cat?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Any kind of non-clumping clay litter will do.

What brand wet food and dry food are you feeding the mother cat?
I'm feeding her kitten chow, and i mix in friskies (indoor) variety pack.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When kittens are weaned, will momma cat still keep moving them?

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When kittens are weaned, will momma cat still keep moving them?
By then they'll be running around playing on their own and she won't be able to keep them in one place. You will have trouble keeping them in the one room at that point because every time the door is opened they will want to run through it and explore the rest of the house.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
By then they'll be running around playing on their own and she won't be able to keep them in one place. You will have trouble keeping them in the one room at that point because every time the door is opened they will want to run through it and explore the rest of the house.
Alright thank you so much!! <3

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kittens are very curious now and momma cat keeps going into the enclosure i made before and sniffs it.

Kittens are so curious that i really want to move them from under the couch to the enclosure i made since they keep getting themselves stuck behnd the couch. I covered the sides but there are bars under there that they might get stuck under and won't be able to breathe.

Should i move them? I removed the doors.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
But im worried that they'll still want to go under the couch because honestly, after they feed on mom on the floor, they know that under there is the sleeping area.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That looks really nice but maybe wait and see if she’ll move them herself. Can mama fit under the couch, or behind it? If so, they are safe as well. You will need to kitten proof because they will soon be going in all directions. That’s why the pen is a good idea so that you can contain them since they’re out in the living room. However, since she gets so stressed maybe someone else will have some ideas.

Once they start trying food, they will still continue to nurse as well. She will wean them if and when she’s ready but not for awhile.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That looks really nice but maybe wait and see if she’ll move them herself. Can mama fit under the couch, or behind it? If so, they are safe as well. You will need to kitten proof because they will soon be going in all directions. That’s why the pen is a good idea so that you can contain them since they’re out in the living room. However, since she gets so stressed maybe someone else will have some ideas.

Once they start trying food, they will still continue to nurse as well. She will wean them if and when she’s ready but not for awhile.
Hopefully she won't wean them soon. I don't think we can afford at all. School starts too and i don't think i can bottle feed them that way if they still aren't weaned. This month is a bad month. We are really struggling. I somehow regret wasting money in the past.

Anyways, the blanket is over one of the bars but they somehow climb up soo heifjkfdnckcjf yea. THEY ARE HONESTLY SO FAST. THEY RUN TO ME WHEN I WALK IN THE ROOM.

Momma cat can go there but still. Sometimes she doesn't care so i'm glad that they only move around A LOT when i'm there.

They seem interested in humans hehe.

i figured that there are 4 boys and 1 girl.
Names are Milo, Oreo, Bean, Mocha, and Chai for the girly girl.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also, i watched a video about 2 weeks old kittens need to deworm??? They're 3 weeks now and i don't think i can deworm anytime soon. I still worry about their sneezes. They are gaining lots of weight daily tho. All of them are past 350g some close and past 400g. What age are vaccines again?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I see some of the kittens itching the back of their heads but i am not catching any fleas. I brushed like 3 of them and i got none.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have not trimmed momma cats claws for weeks now and earlier, dumb me decided to brush her while she was playing with her toy stuffed with catnip. I tried brushing her legs but she got mad and scratched me. Her nail went in my pinky and it bled quite a bit. I quickly washed it with cold water and dish soap, and then hot water. The bleeding stopped after multiple squeezes. Do i need to worry??

Update:Its bleeding now that i squeeze it again.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not trimmed momma cats claws for weeks now and earlier, dumb me decided to brush her while she was playing with her toy stuffed with catnip. I tried brushing her legs but she got mad and scratched me. Her nail went in my pinky and it bled quite a bit. I quickly washed it with cold water and dish soap, and then hot water. The bleeding stopped after multiple squeezes. Do i need to worry??

Update:Its bleeding now that i squeeze it again.
No, since you cleaned it you should be fine. You'd only have to worry if she bit you and really sank her teeth in.

Most Cats do not like having their legs messed with, if you want to brush her stick to the top of her head and her back. Some Cats will tolerate having their sides or their tail brushed, but since she's nursing I wouldn't recommend it.