Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can call the Humane Society using the link that @Norachan gave you in Post #255. They can answer all your questions about spay and neuter, vaccines, and cost. I would not put off getting this information.

You should also consider seeing that all the kittens get good homes since your family is on a tight budget and cannot afford them.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Momma cat's poo poo is also so smelly but has a form. Its not just liquid. Its soft.
Not sure if its due to the mixture of 3 foods, litter, or parasites.
It's most likely from her food being changed so often, it would be best to pick one food and stick with it.

How do i stop momma cat from moving them? It hasn't been a week since i made them their new nest. Should i change the bedding often?
Sorta. A good thing to do would be make a second bed with clean bedding and put it near where she is now. That way if she decides to move them it will most likely be to that one, then you can clean the first one and replace it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's most likely from her food being changed so often, it would be best to pick one food and stick with it.

Sorta. A good thing to do would be make a second bed with clean bedding and put it near where she is now. That way if she decides to move them it will most likely be to that one, then you can clean the first one and replace it.
I will do that. Hopefully she chooses it. Right now her box is behind the couch which is why she chooses it.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You can call the Humane Society using the link that @Norachan gave you in Post #255. They can answer all your questions about spay and neuter, vaccines, and cost. I would not put off getting this information.

You should also consider seeing that all the kittens get good homes since your family is on a tight budget and cannot afford them.
I will most likely check that. I don't think my mom wants to give them up even tho i told her to. Hopefully i can convince her. The only reason why were struggling right now is the fact that she doesn't have a job. Hopefully we get those kittens a good home and at least leave 1 and momma with us.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Y'all. I don't know if momma cat is just lazy to chew but she only ate kitten chow when i blended it, mixed with a little bit of wet food and water.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, that’s the same website I gave you earlier. They have excellent ratings. If you don’t have transportation they will even help with that! Depending on where you live they will give you a ride or have a mobile vet come to you.

You are very resourceful, blending that food for her! I hope adding the extra nest and cleaning the other one will help out. They do that instinctively to keep their kittens parasite free, not just because of stress. Do try to get a flea comb. You can most likely find one in your local grocery or discount store. It shouldn’t cost more than $2-4. You don’t need anything fancy.

She doesn’t hate you. Her mothering instincts are just on high alert and she doesn’t understand what her human is doing. She’ll relax more eventually.

Do you have anything ready to set up for when they start crawling around? Ideally it would be something that mama can easily can get in and out of but contains the kittens, while providing them room to play.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, that’s the same website I gave you earlier. They have excellent ratings. If you don’t have transportation they will even help with that! Depending on where you live they will give you a ride or have a mobile vet come to you.

You are very resourceful, blending that food for her! I hope adding the extra nest and cleaning the other one will help out. They do that instinctively to keep their kittens parasite free, not just because of stress. Do try to get a flea comb. You can most likely find one in your local grocery or discount store. It shouldn’t cost more than $2-4. You don’t need anything fancy.

She doesn’t hate you. Her mothering instincts are just on high alert and she doesn’t understand what her human is doing. She’ll relax more eventually.

Do you have anything ready to set up for when they start crawling around? Ideally it would be something that mama can easily can get in and out of but contains the kittens, while providing them room to play.
I made them another box nearby just incase she starts moving them again. I still have not made anything for when they are starting to move around. We do have a baby crib but i don't know if that's even okay to use. Its those hard wood ones. Not the soft ones. So I'm not entirely sure how were going to make it so that momma cat can enter and leave it.

I also still have those square metal grids that i used before and i can just put cardboard around it so that momma cat won't feel like she's being locked up. I was thinking about putting it against the wall, but ofcourse still cover it with cardboard to avoid damaging the wall.

I'm looking for cheap pet playpen online. They seem to be selling some in grocery stores so i might check those out before school starts.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Yes!!! I have been trying to get her to finish her meals. I'm not exactly sure how much nursing cats are supposed to eat but she ate less and less a week after she gave birth making me think she dislikes the food and all.

I tried mixing and blending AND SOMETIMES SHE WON'T EAT IT UNLESS I HAND FEED IT TO HER. She seemed to have eaten more of the blended food i did than just mixing them together since she's just licking.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will try to buy the comb asap. I haven't been out of the house. The flea treatment is cancelled because we are asked to verify by calling the number but my friend used her moms card and my number. My mom said that it might ask for account details but i don't know. We have never experienced it so she thinks we might get accused for using someone else's account. I'M NOT SURE.

Have you guys ever gotten an email from the company you ordered from to verify your payment? What do they ask when they call?

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had an order on amazon get rejected recently. I had to call the number at the bank where I have my card. It turned out in my case it was blocked due to a pharmacy tech trying too many times to get a payment to go through. I had no idea because I rarely use that card (I’m not much of a shopper) and it was on file at the pharmacy to automatically be authorized each month. Human error but the bank saw it as a threat.
I said all that to say your friend’s mother should probably contact the number just in case they’ve flagged it. They may have flagged it due to the number or it being out of the country. Is she willing to call? The fleas will weaken the kittens. Call the humane society, and ask about flea treatments. They might be able to help with that as well.

It sounds like you’ve got some good ideas to contain them.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had an order on amazon get rejected recently. I had to call the number at the bank where I have my card. It turned out in my case it was blocked due to a pharmacy tech trying too many times to get a payment to go through. I had no idea because I rarely use that card (I’m not much of a shopper) and it was on file at the pharmacy to automatically be authorized each month. Human error but the bank saw it as a threat.
I said all that to say your friend’s mother should probably contact the number just in case they’ve flagged it. They may have flagged it due to the number or it being out of the country. Is she willing to call? The fleas will weaken the kittens. Call the humane society, and ask about flea treatments. They might be able to help with that as well.

It sounds like you’ve got some good ideas to contain them.

Should we call them early about the fleas? Before they turn the right age/weight to have fleas removed? Unless they need it now???

And by the way, my friend have used her own number the 1st try, my number the 2nd, and now should her mom call with her own number and talk about what happened?

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, she should use her number. It’s hard to know without seeing the email. It’s important to get it on mama. Yes, they’re too young now but not for a flea comb.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, she should use her number. It’s hard to know without seeing the email. It’s important to get it on mama. Yes, they’re too young now but not for a flea comb.
So do we cancel it now or cancel it after she calls? They have to call the number sent to us right? We ordered from 1800 petmeds

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I woke up shivering because it was just 10 Degrees Celsius. And found the kittens under the couch. I dont know why momma keeps choosing those spots. They are so tight :(
I’m glad they were a bit warm when i found them. I placed a blanket under them now.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kitten sneezed even without momma. Im not sure how many they are that sneezes but I'm not sure if its the cold weather now. Litter is still quite dusty when momma uses it and it gets wet. Litter will become dust when she pees on it but i try my best to scoop all of that out before she uses it again.

The kittens don't seem to have runny noses and their eyes don't seem covered in goo. Some are only starting to open their eyes but no goo.

Im worried about them :/ i apologize once again for always complaining here

My mom has exams for the next few days and she doesn't wanna do things for me.

I really want to give them up but my mom and i just fight whenever i bring it up.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How close is the litterbox to where the Kittens are? It should ideally be across the room, close enough so mom can get to it without much trouble but far enough away so any dust that gets kicked up when she uses it doesn't settle on them.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The kittens are in the livingroom, and the litter box is in the kitchen. These rooms are not too far from each other. maybe 10-15 human steps until she can get to the litter box. She usually goes everywhere in the house when shes on her break so i don't think it matters if her litterbox is nearby.

I have a feeling that its due to the weather changes. Its hot sometimes during the day, and cold at night. after they reached 1 week of age, the weather hasn't been that good. Its always under 25C and around 10C at night. I do provide them with the home made heat source but they seem to avoid it at times and decide to pile up together.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kittens are in the livingroom, and the litter box is in the kitchen. These rooms are not too far from each other. maybe 10-15 human steps until she can get to the litter box. She usually goes everywhere in the house when shes on her break so i don't think it matters if her litterbox is nearby.

I have a feeling that its due to the weather changes. Its hot sometimes during the day, and cold at night. after they reached 1 week of age, the weather hasn't been that good. Its always under 25C and around 10C at night. I do provide them with the home made heat source but they seem to avoid it at times and decide to pile up together.
I don't think they're sneezing because of the dust then, unless mom kicks up so much of it that it coats her fur and she carries a cloud of it back with her.

It's also not unusual for Kittens to pile on eachother to keep warm, infact it would be unusual if they were NOT piling ontop of eachother.

Give them more blankets in their nest and hopefully that will get her to stop moving them so much.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think they're sneezing because of the dust then, unless mom kicks up so much of it that it coats her fur and she carries a cloud of it back with her.

It's also not unusual for Kittens to pile on eachother to keep warm, infact it would be unusual if they were NOT piling ontop of eachother.

Give them more blankets in their nest and hopefully that will get her to stop moving them so much.
One of them(not sure who) sometimes make this gulping noise when sleeping. I don't know what it is. I don't know how I'm going to show it because it happens so suddenly.