Pregnant cat still in heat after being outside.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's doing good no pain. Eating and going to the bathroom just fine

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know why but midnight has been very mean and nasty since the last couple days she won't let anyone pick her up or pet her and runs away I don't know why tho. No one hurt her

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would say Midnight is confused with the hormone changes that happen when you are pregnant. Give her space and let her come to you when she is ready. Animals have the same imbalance issues as a human does when their body goes through changes. Females get moody and emotional when pregnant as well as animals. I would say she definitely is pregnant

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok. Yesterday was the 2 week mark she got out. No visual signs yet but I know it's early too. Thanks

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree that it's the hormonal changes, and we should know for sure in another week!

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can't wait.. Been keeping busy w my sister and kids here from California planning her wedding for the end of the month. I'm already exhausted had a sleepover last night totaling 6 kids here. I set up midnight in my bedroom for the day when they were here which we spent most of the day outside and in the pool

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Getting moody and changing how she reacts is a sign though mostly the other signs come after you notice the little changes IE like not wanting to be handled. Also the activity of the visitors will upset her as well. Keep as much of the activity to the other parts of the house and keep her space to her alone. This will help her settle down probably after the wedding at the end of the month.

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well they are all staying at my moms just my niece and nephew slept over one night

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sounds like you are having a blast with the relatives prior to the wedding! :)

It was a good idea to put midnight in your bedroom. She'll be fine though. Her hormones will settle down and she'll turn very lovey-dovey [emoji]128149[/emoji].

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeh hopefully kids didn't bother her at all and we have been running around a lot as it is. It's a good thing if she is she doesn't have them this month w me being so busy

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still not 100% sure yet even if she is as no signs yet but hasn't gone back into heat either

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So tomorrow is another week making it 3. And still very unsure. Guess another week to see. I thought for sure if she was in heat and out all day but perhaps it's possible she didn't get pregnant

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Either her nipples will pink up or she will go into heat soon. Give it another week. It's got to be one or the other! :)

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I just did a side by side comparison with ebony and midnight. And although midnight a nipples aren't really much bigger but pinker and maybe a little bigger than ebonys. Not all but a few. Don't know if that means anything

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Pinker is key here.

I'm guessing she's pregnant. We'll know for sure in the next couple of weeks. They usually show around 5 weeks, and her nipples should get pinker.

Is it 21 days today?

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes today is 3 weeks. Every Thursday is a week she got out July 23rd