Pregnant Cat question!! Seeing Movement In Fur!??!

cindylu802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi my 1 year old cat Reeses is about to have kittens!! I was sitting by her today and she was lying on her side and I saw some kicks coming from the inside of her and going through her fur! It's really weird and I was wondering if that is normal?? Is she really close to having her kittens? Ive never had a pregnant cat before so this is really scary! She hasn't made a nest that I know of but me and my boyfriend made her a kitten house with carpet and electricity and she sleeps in there a lot but she also sleeps in different places around the house. I heard that sometimes when cats have kittens for the first time they think they have to potty so they go to the litter box and have the kittens in there! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The movement is normal, and your cat should be inside, and in a room that is quiet, somewhat darkened and very warm. You should have several different nests for her there, it is not up to her to build them, it is up to you to provide her with sanctuary where she feels safe in having them. Clean out a dresser drawer, line the bottom with puppy pads or hospital chucks and provide soft bedding for her inside. Or clean out half of our closet, pile some old blankets in the cleaned out portion so she can have them there.

But please, after she does have them, keep her indoors or she will get pregnant again and please get her spayed so this is her only litter-

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cindylu802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the advice. She's usually an indoor cat and she was about to get spayed right before she escaped outside and got pregnant. There is a black cat that has been hanging around the neighborhood and we're pretty sure he is the culprit! We are definately going to get her spayed after she has her kittens and we already have homes lined up for them!

catlover411

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, my cat did that tto everytime i would pet her and this started two weeks before she had the little ones. They were born two days ago. If she has just started this, then i would say you have about two weeks to go. Congrats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cindylu802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i just wish she would have them soon! her stomach is so big it looks like shes going to pop! my poor little reeses! they are going to be sooo cute though! my reeses is a tortoiseshell and the father is a stray black cat that hangs around outside in the neighborhood, so i wonder what kind of kittens she could possibly have? i have a question, lets say i do have to help out since this is her first time having kittens, what exactly do i have to do? ive been trying to read about it but none of the sites i have found about pregnant cats and assisting is detailed enough!