Pregnant cat missing

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
If you live neer a road I pray she is safe...

Cars are a real danger. My neighbours cat was hit after being an indor outdoor cat for 5 years. If a cat is hit and not outright killed they will slink off to die in a hidden area.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you live neer a road I pray she is safe...

Cars are a real danger. My neighbours cat was hit after being an indor outdoor cat for 5 years. If a cat is hit and not outright killed they will slink off to die in a hidden area.
L Lily Scott just incase she may have been hit check local vets as well. I pray she wasn't hit and this isn't even a possibility..

If it is a possibility though and she was hit, hopefully whoever hit her took her to a vet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We live near a road that's not too busy. It's the third day today. Still nothing. I am worried out of my mind she always comes home for food and hasn't come for 3 days

And I've called the vets nearby

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree. Is it possible that she’s already had her babies?

If not, please contact your area shelters and rescues. It’s possible that someone picked her up as a “pregnant stray” and turned her in. Check every day. Call; go in person.

I know that sick feeling when a beloved pet is missing. I’m holding out hope that this will end well.

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i don’t know when she mated and i’ve called the shelters 4 times and they don’t pick up. im at the point where i feel physically sick i don’t know what to do

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a possibility that she is off somewhere hiding because she gave birth. Or someone picked her up and took her home because of her being pregnant.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don’t know what to do
I think for now all you can do is go to all of your neighbors door to door asking if anyone has seen her or took her in because she was pregnant I would try a two or three block radius.
Keep checking with the shelter every single day.
Post flyers in stores that have bulletin boards.
Post flyers on trees or telephone poles or whatever Is around your area.
Go out at night with a flash light. This will help if she is hiding in a bush or something because you would see the glow of her eyes from the flash light.

Other than everything everyone has mentioned I don't know what else to try. I'll keep thinking of what else you could do.

Do you live near any wooded areas?

I am hoping she finds her way home soon..

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Could you e-mail the shelters? Include a picture of your cat and say you are willing to make a donation to cover their costs of caring for her if they have picked her up.

I'm sorry if you've already answered this question, but was she microchipped or wearing a collar?

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
no she isn’t microchipped or wearing a collar , and i finally reached the shelter today they said no pregnant cat was found.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no she isn’t microchipped or wearing a collar , and i finally reached the shelter today they said no pregnant cat was found.
I wouldn't focus on just a pregnant cat now.. she could have had her kittens already.. if so and the shelter does have her they wouldn't even check for a pregnant kitty.. just something to keep in mind

Emailing the shelters a picture will help identifying her if by chance she is there.

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I FOUND HER!!!
My dad got a call from my neighbor, She was stuck in my neighbors garage this whole time!!!! She gave birth to 7 kittens in the garage, sadly one has not made it, I prepared warm bedding and food, water for her, hopefully all 6 kittens survive
The stress finally over I can FINALLY take a sigh of relief!

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great!!! When you get a chance would you upload some pics of momma and babies?
I'm so glad she is finally home and the babies are ok. Sad about the one that didn't make it but the 6 that did is great!
I bet you are so happy now.

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her purring sound is quite different from her usual purring sound, is that something to be concerned about? here is video I upload to YouTube:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so glad you found her!

Her purring sounds OK to me. What is the difference from her normal pur?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Was she without food or water all those days? If so, she’s got some catching up to do. Give her a dish or two a day of kitten formula to drink. She needs the extra calcium to nurse six kittens until they are weaned. Nursing is hard work.

It sounds like she may possibly have an upper respiratory infection. Is her nose clogged? How is her breathing when she’s not purring? How is her appetite? The stress of being in the garage and giving birth may have lowered her immune system and she caught a cold.

If she is fine otherwise; then just feed her well. If you are concerned she may have an URI, get her to a vet so the kittens don’t catch it. The cure is usually a round of clavamox or an antibiotic shot. If you take her, the kittens go with her.

The purring sounds almost like snoring to me, which might mean she’s got a cold. If you do go to the vet, set her spay appointment for about 8 weeks from now.

Do keep us posted! L Lily Scott