Pregnant cat missing

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
so i have two cats, one girl and her son, however she is missing for 24 hours now. i last saw her yesterday and last night when i tried to call her inside she didn’t come. I thought that she’d come back this morning but she didn’t. I don’t know what to do.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
so i have two cats, one girl and her son, however she is missing for 24 hours now. i last saw her yesterday and last night when i tried to call her inside she didn’t come. I thought that she’d come back this morning but she didn’t. I don’t know what to do.
How high preg is she? If you think she wished to deliver outside;
or if she got lost....

Are there dangers outside in your area? Loose dogs, or mean boys??

Anyway, its just to go out and search... Both in alongside roads and where cats can hide.
Ask also all neigbours to look in their cellars and garages, if she perhaps happened to be in-closed.

Set up flyers. Perhaps someone took pity on a preg cat and took her in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update, my mom just saw a whole family of raccoons outside and i’m really starting to prepare for the worst ☹ i miss my girl so much

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also she hardly ever goes more than 10 hours without food, and it’s been more than 24 hours. Her stomach is really big

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Update, my mom just saw a whole family of raccoons outside and i’m really starting to prepare for the worst
Raccoons won't bother an adult cat, but newborn kittens will be vulnerable to any kind of wildlife. If she's close to her due date she's probably looking for a place to nest.

Check places that might be appealing to a mother cat. Under sheds, woodpiles, boats or trailers with tarps over, anything like that.
Also could you print out some lost cat posters are stick them in all your neighbour's letterboxes? If she's a friendly cat and obviously pregnant someone may have taken her in.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hopefully she has found a safe place to have her kittens. Cats eat the placentas, which provides mom with nourishment for a couple of days to nurse her kittens and regain her strength. She will then want to move the kittens and may come home to eat. If so, please try to follow her to see where the kittens are and bring them all home.

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
it is now the morning and i am worried sick, she’s never given birth outside before she’s had litters before and ALWAYS came inside to have them. it’s been more 36 hours since she was last seen

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry i forgot to answer this, quite pregnant she is due in the coming weeks
Ok so she isn't due like in the next day or so.. maybe she is still trying to find a place to have them.. can you put out some sardines or tuna? If you are able to then before you set it out heat it up to intensify the smell.. I'm sorry your girl got out.. try to stay calm..
Do you live close to people? Where someone might have taken her in seeing she was pregnant?
Maybe go door to door to your neighbors with a picture of her and ask if they have seen her?
Also if you are able to make some posters or flyers to post at any stores that are close to where you live.
Ummm... hmm. What else.. trying to think of everything I can that may help.
If you can do a flyer and posters don't forget to add your phone number.
Check in people's yards and under porches.
Ok hun if I think of anything else I'll let you know. Good luck hun

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
it is now the morning and i am worried sick, she’s never given birth outside before she’s had litters before and ALWAYS came inside to have them. it’s been more 36 hours since she was last seen
Sorry for saying this here and now.. If she survives this and comes back, please do consider strongly to spay her... High time as you hadnt done this earlier.

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes i’ve looked around my neighborhood a lot, i knocked on a few neighbors doors, i even played kitten sounds to try and attract her. i haven’t put food out it attracts raccoons. this is extremely unusual for her, she always comes home when hungry and NEVER stayed away from home for this long.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you need to check everyone close to your house. It's very easy for cats to get accidentally locked in sheds, particularly when people are putting away their lawnmowers, or in basements. Remember in warm weather people go in and out of their sheds and outbuildings more often than not. Also, if any of the neighborhood kids have tree houses or playhouses in the yard.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes i’ve looked around my neighborhood a lot, i knocked on a few neighbors doors, i even played kitten sounds to try and attract her. i haven’t put food out it attracts raccoons. this is extremely unusual for her, she always comes home when hungry and NEVER stayed away from home for this long.
Do you live near a road? Where someone maybe stopped and picked her up seeing she was pregnant? Have you checked local shelters? If you haven't checked there yet you can look up any animal shelter or humane society in your area and call them see if there have been any cats that look like your kitty brought in. (Idk why I didn't think about this earlier) ummmmm

So yea do you live near a road
Do you live near a wooded area

Check local shelter/humane society

K Kflowers has a great point she may be in someone's shed people who are mowing will usually leave the shed door open then when done put the lawnmower back and then lock up the shed. Similarly with garages just keep looking she is probably there somewhere unless someone took her.. try to stay calm and make calls tomorrow if you haven't yet to the shelters
Keep us posted hun.