Pregnant Cat Missing A Nipple

FabulousFelines

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Jujubee is very close to delivery but a few weeks ago we noticed something strange about her. I was rubbing her belly and when I looked I realized that she was missing the very last lower nipple on her left side.

When I asked my mum about it we determined that her little boy, Loki, may have gotten it off since he nursed well past the age that she was supposed to wean him at.

I was just wondering if this will affect her in anyway? There's no wound and it's been healed up for a long time, not that we ever noticed it being a wound before. She doesn't seem to be bothered by it. Ive included a picture of the area, and a cute one of her resting in her nest.

Attachments

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she is spayed I doubt it will be an issue. Is her nipple inverted? I looked it up apparently that can happen. Again if she is done nursing for good I doubt it will be an issue.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FabulousFelines

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If she is spayed I doubt it will be an issue. Is her nipple inverted? I looked it up apparently that can happen. Again if she is done nursing for good I doubt it will be an issue.
No she is not spayed yet she's currently in pre labour and it's not inverted I don't think. It's completely gone and the spot feels like where a scar formed as it healed up. I talked about it to my mum and we both just concluded that it most likely won't be a problem and if it does become one after the kittens are born then we'll take her to the vet.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In that case keep an eye on it in case it gets swollen with milk/infected. Congrats on the kittens to be :)