Pregnant Cat Help

KittyKatTiger246

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 2 female cats are pregnant (we have no vet near us so we are on our own) they were supposed to be spayed but the vet was not in town. So they are now pregnant huge bellies which isn't fat the only large area... my friend who had female cats that were pregnant informed us that she was.

Just now a bloody discharge came out of her virgina... she isn't in pain and is still walking around and lounging but she is seeking more attention.. Is this a sign that she will have her kittens in the next 24 hours?

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Some red colored discharges arent unusual. If she seems OK otherwise, so do observe, but try to read on - we have lotsa of articles, older treads.... Talk with this friend.
And prepare... :)

In the longer distance, spay them in time. Its the best way to avoid this anxiousness, these problems. :)

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Could be normal prelabor discharge... how red is it? How long has she been having the discharge?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittyKatTiger246

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Could be normal prelabor discharge... how red is it? How long has she been having the discharge?
Yesterday afternon she had about 2 tablespoons, its very dark red..and then a tiny bit this morning

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Things sound normal. She'll probably have them soon.

What's your city and state? I'll look for a low-cost spay clinic for you.

Please keep the mom cats completely inside and away from unneutered males until they can be spayed.