Pregnant Cat, Confusing Signs. Newbie

Vanessa08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys, I’m new on here. I found a cat in my neighborhood obviously pregnant, I took her in so she wouldn’t give birth outside, I work and haven’t had a chance to take her to the vet but she is giving me confusing signs on if she is almost due.
When I took her in she had a big round belly, now it’s sort of jump lumpy where I can almost see the shape of the baby kittens. She’s constantly eating and grooming herself and sleeping. Three days ago her back end and tail were twitching consistently for a good 20 minutes so I thought labor was near. Last night she threw up her food (just once and has eaten food since and not thrown up). She’s not leaking milk but if I rub her belly even the tiniest amount of pressure makes milk come out (has been that way for 2 days) she’s just sleeping a lot, eating and grooming. She won’t let me take her temp to see if it drops. But I am curious if anyone’s cats have had a fuller stomach which then turned lumpy looking? I feel like all the signs point to it happening soon but I have never done this before.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The lumpy is prob some variation of dropping so she is nearing.

The contractions several days ago were the braxton hicks contractions to make her muscles ready.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Vanessa08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The lumpy is prob some variation of dropping so she is nearing.

The contractions several days ago were the braxton hicks contractions to make her muscles ready.
Do you know how long Braxton Hicks contractions can last? She’s very relaxed tonight except her whole Lower back end is twitching including her tail. She’s eating a lot as well.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Not sure, but as for today I suspect its prelabor which begins. Its time for it. The prelabor phase may be easily 24 hours, although its often shorter. The active labor phase, the pushing, is much shorter than with humans. So if the pushing phase is over 30 minutes begin to worry. and if 60 - rush to the vet.

Vanessa08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for all your help. I do feel like it’s too. I took a super good video to upload showing the twitching and her behavior but it says it’s too big. I appreciate all the help!

Vanessa08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes okay! Thanks I’ll see if I can make that happen.
She does have a nest! She doesn’t love it but she has gotten in it a few times rested and gotten back over over the last week.

Vanessa08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update since post: still no kittens. She’s calm and relaxed.

Vanessa08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: still no kittens. Constantly grooming. Calm. Eating like normal.