Pregnant Cat And Labour

Catmomma18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey all my mum's cat is pregnant not purposely bred the little one opened the back door and let her out by mistake the day before she was booked in for a spay.

She's been excessively licking her belly nipples and vulva and has milk in all her nipples. Shes sleeping alot but when shes awake she paces around and cant seem to settle.

Any idea of when she's gunna have babies.
She's had a few minor pushes over the past couple days but it's 1 and only small.
She looks to have had a little discharge that's we think it's on a absorbent mat.

She's been purrring alot also.
She's currently asleep just wondering any ideas x

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
has she dropped? ie suddenly seems less obvious? If so, its near now, perhaps just hours.
If not, it could be several days as yet - and this minor push could be the Braxton Hicks, ie a way of mother nature to prepare the muscles for the real work.

Anyways, prelabor may be quite long, even if its usually shorter than with human women. The active pushing labor is rather short, if its longer than 30-40 minutes contact your vet...

I know, this waiting game isnt fun.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catmomma18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She looks like she has dropped when she stands up you can see the outline of her spine and legs where as you couldn't before she looks lower then she did yesterday.
The darker photo is on Wednesday and the flashed one is just this minute.

Attachments

Catmomma18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey all...

My mum's cat discharged a small amount of pale green/yellow discharge earlier this week.
-She's flooding with milk
-Shes been very chatty chirping and meowing when I leave the room.
-She looks to me like she's dropped she's not as round as she was yesterday.
-Her vulva has also changed.
-She's hardly eaten food.
-She's on and off asleep and up when shes up shes pacing around and licking her tummy/ teats and legs.
-She's had sloppy poops yesterday.
-The kittens are really low by palpating one is right inbetween her legs.

Any other signs I should look for to show active labour or is she in a stage of Labour?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Goodness I don't know, I'd think other than her actually nesting and/or looking for nesting locations, I'm thinking she's pretty darn close :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is apparently very near but it doesnt sound as any labor as yet.

But probably is as I write...

Catmomma18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She started labour at 415 by 430 she had her first kitten she's just had her 5th all healthy and perfect thanks hun xx