Pregnant Black Girl

nuggetsmumma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there all, my cat nugget is 1 she had never had a heat or never one I've noticed and she is a mumma's girl. She has always been an indoor cat, when she was accidentally let out by the pet sitter. When she finally returned she was no different than normal in the last week or so I've noticed her being so much more affectionate and when I rubbed her belly its a lot bigger and she's obviously now very pregnant she has very pink nipples a large belly and since last night she has had clear discharge from her vulva. She has always been a dainty little lady and now looks huge can someone help. she was missing from the 30th of August until the 3 of July. Thanks all. P.S I spoke to our vet who said unless she was in trouble to leave her be and avoid bringing her in due to unnecessary stress. Also she will be spayed as soon as the kittens are weaned.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its a whole month left so you have good with time to read on and prepare

EDIT: Nay its just a few days left. A combo of misspelling in the post and somewhat careless reading by me... Sorry.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

nuggetsmumma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
from the day she is almost 9 weeks if she mated at the end of her adventure. she's digging in her litter tray randomly as though she needs the toilet but isn't doing any thing like the urge passes and today she is off her food. she's had to be caged as she decided to try and nest inside my sofa. its an XL dog cage though so she has lots of room

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ouch! I see you had some misspelling, and I perhaps not reading too closely, so its not end of august you talk about, you talk about end of july...
Yes, it explains why she has a big belly and discharges...

So its just days left yes.

nuggetsmumma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanks :) she's very quiet today I've spoken to our vets who aren't concerned. She keeps doing funny meowy purrs every now and then.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may have precontractions, the Hickley Braxton (?)... They often has it several days before the delivery, its natures way to train their muscles.

nuggetsmumma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
nothing yet although she's a bit more meowy than usual and cleaning herself more.

nuggetsmumma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all no kittens yet she is all good and still has a good appetite however over the past 24 hours she has got increasingly vocal and extremely antisocial to the other pets! I've put her in my bedroom so that she doesn't have to deal with them is this just because she's close usually she is amazing and gets along fantastically well with the two dogs and her older siblngs (both neutered) thanks

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, that is probably why. It's best you separated her from the others. She needs privacy and few distractions.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I guess the early labor has started, so she hasnt the usual patience with the others.

nuggetsmumma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nuggy hasn't delivered yet vets confirmed pregnancy but said she must have caught later than I was told.. Today her temperature has dropped from 38.2 to 37.6 so hopefully thats the start of things :)

nuggetsmumma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
she's good thanks she's huge and still not popped the vets arent worried as everyone is still moving and ok turns out she was out for a good fortnight whilst I was away...Needless to say I will be changing petsitters.

nuggetsmumma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So still no kittens and nothing but abuse from the petsitter after trying to find out how long nuggy was missing for she's huge and has an X-ray later today to check she's definitely pregnant poor girl such a palaver all this stress I'm certain she's pregnant I can feel kittens moving but hopefully we will be given more info later

Attachments