Pregnant Barn Cat

Kittylover6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I currently have a barn cat about to give birth. I brought her in last Wednesday because I was afraid the cold would kill the babies. She's in a large closet in a crate. Initially when I brought her in she was very loving and slept a lot. As soon as yesterday rolled around she all of a sudden cant walk on her hind legs and rolls to her side. She also will hiss randomly. Any information would be helpful! Thank you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittylover6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have no idea how far along she is but I can see and feel the babies move so I figured pretty far along. Unfortunately I dont have much money to work with and have been trying to find an affordable vet to take her to tomorrow.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your instincts that told you to bring her inside have saved her from a terrible fate! It might be anything from impaired birthing to hypocalcemia to some sort of virus; whatever it is, it required professional attention. That cat is very blessed to have you!!
Sending prayers that all goes well :vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittylover6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your instincts that told you to bring her inside have saved her from a terrible fate! It might be anything from impaired birthing to hypocalcemia to some sort of virus; whatever it is, it required professional attention. That cat is very blessed to have you!!
Sending prayers that all goes well :vibes::vibes::vibes:

Thank you!!! I wasn't sure I did the right thing by bringing her inside. Hopefully I will have answers soon.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, you did the best that anyone besides a veterinarian could have done! I am keeping up my prayers for you all. Please give us updates as soon as you can :vibes::vibes:

and by the way, please forgive my clumsy manners.....
:welcomesign: Welcome to TCS!! :salam:
:heartshape::cheerleader::hithere: