Pregnancy Cravings

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Mom says she craved Mexican while she was pregnant with me and that's why I like it so much. There is apparently a link between a pregnant woman's cravings and her future child's preferred foods. Right now I crave peanut butter cup ice cream. The only affect I can see that having is that my breast milk smells sweet and of almonds and my son prefers it to formula.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
did someone just write that they eat pickles & icecream? are you meaning together??

gosh I hope if I am ever pregnant I never ever get cravings for that - I hope I only ever get cravings for chocolate - oh wait I get that now

dlmckay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TTMom

My Mom says she craved Mexican while she was pregnant with me and that's why I like it so much. There is apparently a link between a pregnant woman's cravings and her future child's preferred foods.
Funny, I never found that. I had fruit cravings whilst pregnant.

1st child - apples, anything apple donuts, apple tart, apple pie...
2nd child - oranges. I ate eight large oranges in one sitting once!
3rd child - melon. Cut in half, eat with dessert spoon straight from the rind! Sometimes eat a whole one! Honeydews are the best...

Now, I'm lucky if I eat any fruit at all (so bad) and my 2nd child can't eat oranges at all without it instantly affecting him. He has to rush to the bathroom so fast, poor thing. We stopped trying to give him oranges and it all settled down.

Diana

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

I am 31 weeks pregnant now and while I have had cravings they keep changing. Is that normal? I thought you would crave something for the whole time while you were preggers. For example, in my 1st trimester my poor hubby had to by me this special fresh made bread 2 times a week that was baked with onions and poppyseeds in it. Then he bought it and I didn't even want to smell it any more. Then I had no cravings for a bit, then a desparate urge for my nacho cheese dip. Once I had it however, that urge was gone. I just had a recent need for chocolate icecream. Now I want deviled eggs and a baked potato from the Keg restaurant with their special 3 cheese butter and bacon bits on it! I am going nuts! Please tell me that it all magically stops once the baby is born.
Hehehe babe, it's all perfectly normal!! I craved different things from week to week! One week it was tuna mayonnaise in meringue nests, the next it was chicken dippers in strawberry blancmange, then raw carrots dipped in crunchy peanutbutter. (That one is still good
) I had a real thing for sweet and sour sauce all the way through my pregnancy. But I can't even look at a meringue nest anymore. Nor tuna mayo. The 3 cheese and bacon butter sounds devillishly good though - I would have loved cravings like yours! I got the wierd stuff. think yourself lucky... some women have been known to eat coal. What baby wants, baby gets - and all you can do is go along with it. A craving is just your baby's way of letting you know what it needs.... good to hear it's all going so well. Go with the flow. Ignore the books and texts and just you go with what feels right for you - women tend to do better like that than reading books written by people who have no kids of their own,. Instinct takes over