Pre-labor? Maybe?

ZRBL

Sierra
Kitten
Purraise
D615B985-EB4F-4CF8-B29F-2572DCD4139C.jpeg
EEE71670-E608-4169-8771-C4C5BA3F9DDD.jpeg
background info first:
1. This kitty showed up at my house a few weeks ago, we nicknamed her “starving cat” because she was so thin and constantly yowling for food. We lovingly named her Lola soon after.
2. I have taken her into my home separate from all other animals and provided her with her favorite crate, food, water and litter box.
3. I love seeing spay/neuter advocates! I’m working with local programs to get her spayed ASAP.

Now, I am wigging out! She’s huge! I hadn’t noticed many changes since I brought her in until today. I still haven’t seen it felt any movement. I noticed she is much more affectionate today, even climbed in my lap! She’s been excessively grooming but not just any specific areas. I don’t see any discharge however he vulva appear wet and as if it may have some dried discharge there. She does have small pockets above her nipples but no production when gland is expressed. She’s also purring a bit more than usual. How long do you think it will be? Photos below

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its hard to tell sometimes. Not all cats will show obvious signs of pre labor. She looks huge... babies are definitely coming soon! Signs of pre labor include: belly becomes hard, stops eating and drinking, discharge, licking her stomach, nesting, temp drops below 100 degrees F, uneasy/restless, meowing loudly.

Don't worry if she isn't producing milk yet. Most cats don't produce until birth.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she’s having discharge she is very close, though it could be anytime now up to a few more days. She looks ready!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ZRBL

Sierra
Kitten
Purraise
Its hard to tell sometimes. Not all cats will show obvious signs of pre labor. She looks huge... babies are definitely coming soon! Signs of pre labor include: belly becomes hard, stops eating and drinking, discharge, licking her stomach, nesting, temp drops below 100 degrees F, uneasy/restless, meowing loudly.

Don't worry if she isn't producing milk yet. Most cats don't produce until birth.
She normally hardly lets me pet her! She’s quite the queen, very sassy! She has dropped quite a bit since yesterday. I’m a nervous wreck! I worry for her so much.

ZRBL

Sierra
Kitten
Purraise
If she’s having discharge she is very close, though it could be anytime now up to a few more days. She looks ready!
You can tell she’s just so uncomfortable. She’s been kneading a lot today which isn’t like her. Fingers crossed

ZRBL

Sierra
Kitten
Purraise
As of today still no kittens or ultimate signs of impending labor. Lola still ate breakfast like a champ. She’s always been vocal since I’ve had her so no real change in that. She definitely has pockets above her nipples. I’ve also noticed her vulva possibly expanding and the tiniest bit of clear discharge. I just wish I knew when she mated so I could have an idea of how close she is :( I know she is so beyond uncomfortable and agitated

ZRBL

Sierra
Kitten
Purraise
Just an update:
-Lola started lactating today!
-Her stomach has dropped ALOT.
-No noticeable discharge.
-Excessive grooming of legs and upper stomach
-Twitching tail a lot.
-Kittens are wild! They move around so much sometimes it looks like her stomach is doing the wave
- she started going in her nesting box today.

ZRBL

Sierra
Kitten
Purraise
Lazy cat! She loves to play with my makeup vanity hence a brush in the floor lol. Little heifer broke two eyeshadow pallets.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Congratulations! :bouquet: Don't forget to post pictures. ;)