pre-built cat shelter?

imogen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My daughter works at a camp/retreat center. She has two cats that she's taken on...but she cannot keep them in any of the camp buildings. They have a large workshop/garage that she is able to put some shelters into for the cats.

She is looking for something that will not only be warm, but will be inviting. And, she is hoping to find something that is pre-built. She can assemble it, but doesn't want to be cutting lumber, etc.

Any ideas for a product she could buy? (Amazon prime delivery is a HUGE plus.)

She'd love something like this:Amazon.combut it's out of her price range. If she could spend under $200, it would be amazing. Under $300 is probably do-able.

Thank you for your help!

Leroy17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My daughter works at a camp/retreat center. She has two cats that she's taken on...but she cannot keep them in any of the camp buildings. They have a large workshop/garage that she is able to put some shelters into for the cats.

She is looking for something that will not only be warm, but will be inviting. And, she is hoping to find something that is pre-built. She can assemble it, but doesn't want to be cutting lumber, etc.

Any ideas for a product she could buy? (Amazon prime delivery is a HUGE plus.)

She'd love something like this:Amazon.combut it's out of her price range. If she could spend under $200, it would be amazing. Under $300 is probably do-able.

Thank you for your help!
New Age Pet ECTH350 ecoFLEX Albany Outdoor Feral Cat House, Multicolor about $90.00
Not a great link, this is what I bought a couple weeks ago on Amazon. Put straw inside. So far, feral kittens play inside but sleep in the makeshift shelter I made out of a styrofoam cooler that has straw inside. Bought a bail from Home Depot. Sorry for the huge print, don’t know how to fix it.

Attachments

Avery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If I am understanding this correctly, the cats your daughter wants to help already will have a roof over their heads in the workshop/garage so the cats really only need a place to stay warm. Alley Cat Allies has a list of options that might work. I have used the K & H one and the Ark Workshop one for cats that I was caring for outdoors several years ago. I had a heated pad for the K & H house and straw along with a heated pad for the wooden Ark Workshop house. Depending on the weather, your daughter might also consider buying a heated water bowl. There is a lot of good information on the Alley Cat Allies website! Here is a link to the page with shelter options:

Community Cat Shelter Options Gallery

mxw1214

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If I am understanding this correctly, the cats your daughter wants to help already will have a roof over their heads in the workshop/garage so the cats really only need a place to stay warm. Alley Cat Allies has a list of options that might work. I have used the K & H one and the Ark Workshop one for cats that I was caring for outdoors several years ago. I had a heated pad for the K & H house and straw along with a heated pad for the wooden Ark Workshop house. Depending on the weather, your daughter might also consider buying a heated water bowl. There is a lot of good information on the Alley Cat Allies website! Here is a link to the page with shelter options:

Community Cat Shelter Options Gallery
I agree with this and I use an always-on heating pad that my ferals appreciate. I use the one from Kitty Tube (you can go to the kitty tube website or Amazon) and they like it more than the K&H one. Also agree with the heated water bowls - what a game changer!!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have heated food bowls too! I use the collapsible cat shelters with the heat pads in them for my farm cats, they work great. They are on Amazon, i find them under K&H heated cat huts. They are about 64.00 a piece. For years I just used an insulated dog house with a heated pad in it when I didn't have too many.