Prayers or good vibes for son please?

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I am asking for prayers for my son. Yesterday evening he called to tell me that the "cold" he told me not to worry about resulted in him having to call 911 because he couldn't breathe and was taken by ambulance to the hospital where he was admitted. He is home now, but has bronchitus and is on inhalers and steroids
. His name is Mike and he is 22 years old. I would appreciate your prayers for him to get well quickly and not to stress over the upcoming move this weekend. We are helping him move to his new apt. but now he is sick and probably won't be coming to our house to spend the weekend. He is upset and dissapointed and could use some "prayer therapy". Thank you.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll send all my "get well" vibes Mike's way {{{{ }}}}

Here's hoping he has a speedy recovery!!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prayers coming your way. I know how scary bronchitis is - my little man caught it and he's athsmatic. It left him with a post-viral cough that took him a whole year to shake off. I'm so glad your son was in the right place and treated now - send him a get well hug form this side of the pond!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Lots of prayers and good vibes headed his way....Been there done that with the bronchitus and the ER... He'll be just fine. He will tire easily for a long time and he is going to get frustrated by that. Tell him it will be OK and he will get back to his old self!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad he was wise enough to call 911 when necessary! So often we think we are invincible, especially at age 22! He will feel so much better now that he is on the right medications, but AbbysMom is right, he will need to take care of himself and allow his body to heal.

Prayers for a rapid recovery, and that he loves his new living space!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear about Mike. Been there, too, and still pack an inhaler. Here's hoping he recovers fully.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Things always seem to happen when it's time to move.

I will be praying that Mike heals quickly & that you get through his illness & move with no more problems.
These thing are tough on a Mom.

Lei

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of {{{get well soon}}} vibes for Mike!

I've also suffered from this in the past, and I still have to use an inhaler every so often so I know how awful it makes you feel

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have chronic bronchitis and I know it can get bad in a hurry!! Good to read he's on the mend.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for your prayers and good thoughts. I really appreciate them. It scares me that he is on steroids, especially since he is only 22. :-(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Is it prednisone that he is on?
Yes, prednisone tablets and albuterol inhaler. I am just hoping and praying that he will take care of himself so it doesn't become chronic and he can at least stop taking the tablets.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get well soon vibes for Mike! Please keep us updated on his progress.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending super healing vibes and prayers his way! {{{{{}}}}}
Please keep us updated on Mike's condition...