Prayers For My Little Miagi Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nancy Ninetails

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I recently was asked to foster a 6 week old kitten, who we named Blizzard. We had him four days and all was well but upon waking up on day 5, he was unresponsive. Rushed him to the vet and he had liver failure. Had been playing, eating, drinking and fine only 24 hours prior.

Now, my little Miagi is not eating and is fading fast. I am out in the boondocks so no emergency vets in the area but he is scheduled first thing in the morning for my usual vet, who is out of town tonight so could not do an emergency visit.

Miagi is 5 months old but has always had a weak immune system. He also recently was neutered and received his rabies shot. He was eating yesterday, but nothing today. Gave him some Pedialyte and that seemed to perk him up for a little bit but now is worse.

Please just send positive thoughts and prayers his way. Thank you.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really hoping the little guy pulls through. Try to keep him warm with a heat pad for cats or just a sock filled with dry rice and heated. Perhaps stay with him if he takes a turn for the worse. :hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nancy Ninetails

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My poor wee Miagi passed away late last night. It happened so quickly. Had kept him warm with a heating pad, managed to get some chicken broth into him, kept up with the Pedialyte and he improved. Was responsive, purring when cuddled and not acting at all like he was in pain. Then, less than a half hour later he was gone.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Miagi, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever. Your small life touched more hearts than you can ever know.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry Nancy Ninetails Nancy Ninetails .

Poor little guy, he was lucky to have someone like you to care for him.

We always lock the threads when a cat has passed as a sign or respect, so I'll lock this one now.

When you feel ready you are welcome to start a thread in Miagi's memory in our Crossing The Bridge forum.

Crossing the Bridge

Rest In Peace Miagi, you will be missed.

:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.