Praising

tammurz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had my two cats for a week now and they are six months old. I am working on their clawing situation and when I try to give them treats they turn up their noses so I just say good girl/boy and move on. What kind of praising do you give your cats and what kind of treats? I just need some idea on what to try.

Thanks!!

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Usually just love and lots of pets. However when they have been really good or I took them to the vet, they get a spoon of baby food or some Lactaid. What kind of treats are you trying?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tammurz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been giving them those treats you buy in the sealable bag at the store. The cat that I had prior would gobble them up so fast but these kitties seem to be more picky. I am afraid to give them human food because I dont want to harm them in any way.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, if the pets and love don't work, you can give the human food. There is a big discussion on the board about human food. With baby food, they can have any of it as long as it doesn't contain onion powder. With the lactaid, it does not have the lactose which is what cats can't digest. I would also try putting the post near where they sleep or eat. Also, the feliway or catnip seems to work well to attract them.