Pouncing

vneidell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a five year old cat, and in March I took in a one year old foster. I adopted my foster in April. Introductions went pretty well. My five year old hissed a bit. Over time though, I have noticed my new cat stalking and pouncing on my old cat. He does it when we are all asleep on the bed in the middle of the night. He also did it whenever my old one was on the couch. Now my five year old never comes on the couch for a cuddle. And she barely comes to bed. She jumped up last night, and the young one immediately pounced on her. I had to sleep, so I kicked him out of the room. I know that wasn't the greatest fix, but no got pounced.

Any thoughts on how to stop him??

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
This is a tricky one.. I have a similar problem where my one year old boy harasses my 5 year old girl. 

I think it's an age thing.  He's slowly growing out of it, and she is slowing showing some initiative and giving as good as she gets.

I do give my girl some 'quality time' though, just having her in the room with me for cuddles.

One year old boys are basically teenagers with pussycat testosterone, even though they've been neutered.

I'm sure time will help.