Pouncer won't eat :/

nakoruru

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She had her second round of vaccination shots today that included some blood withdrawal for FL and FIV testing. The vet said her left back leg would probably be sore for a while due to that. I noticed her hiding under the bed, so i carefully lifted her out (she meowed in complaint anyway; I guess her leg is quite sore) and put her in her bed and I haven't moved her since (I'd say, 6 hours ago). She's just lying there curled up and not moving.

I gave her a bit of CatSip about two hours ago, and this is her dinnertime- only she didn't want to eat. At all. She just sniffed the food and turned her head away. I'm also worried that she might not want to use her litterbox because of the soreness of her leg.

Is this normal after-shot depression/lethargy? Or should I be worried about anything? The vet is still open tomorrow (I'm only home on the weekends) so if she doesn't eat breakfast or lunch either I'm planning to at least call and ask about it.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two boys had their booster shots, rabies shots and microchips yesterday, and didn't want to eat last night. They just slept all day. This morning though they were ready for breakfast! So I wouldn't worry for 24 hours.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just try to get her to drink some water so she does`nt start to dehydrate while you wait out the next few hours.
linda

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is pretty much normal. Give her something tasty to tempt her appetite, like chicken baby food or a bit of tuna. Expect her to be back to normal in the morning. If she is still not well by then, take her to the vet.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by semiferal

This is pretty much normal. Give her something tasty to tempt her appetite, like chicken baby food or a bit of tuna. Expect her to be back to normal in the morning. If she is still not well by then, take her to the vet.
warmed wet food with bonito flakes ...