Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Either

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Raul-7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For those feeding raw; do you find cats prefer poultry over meat?

Poultry-
*Quail
*Turkey
*Chicken
*Duck
*Goose

Meats-
*Beef
*Elk
*Venison
*Lamb
*Pork

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well poultry is meat :) I don't know if cats prefer "white" meats over "red" meats. It might just be individual preference. The red meats have more of a stronger gamey-like smell and probably taste which some cats may not like.

My cats eat rabbit. One has IBD and rabbit is the only protein (so far) he can tolerate. He will eat from my other cat's bowl so that's why she also eats rabbit. Before he had IBD, he and my other cat ate a variety of meats: beef, pork, venison, duck, etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Raul-7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
True; red over white meats.

With rabbit being the oddball.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I rotate chicken, turkey, and pork. Turkey is their favorite; pork is second. They sometimes get tired of chicken, and I have to put toppers on it a few times to get them chowing down on it again.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s all individual preference. Haven’t noticed my cats having a strong specific preference between light and dark meats, specifically, but they both really enjoy rabbit and turkey. My younger cat also really loves beef, which my older cat is more neutral on. It depends on the individual — my two are related and still have different food preferences.

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When cooked or processed, minish prefers chicken. For raw, she will eat anything with passion :devilish: