Potty problems

jojobeenn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of my cats, she's turning 1 on the 18, likes to potty on any fabric that happens to be on the floor. Her box is clean 90% of the time and I try to yell when she's doing, not afterso she knows why I'm angry. I spray/clean the area with a cat odor eliminator cleaning solution. But she won't stop and I don't know what else to do

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, a few things.

When did this start?  I know you've taken in a pregnant stray, so this could be a territorial issue.  

How many litter boxes do you have?  How often do you clean them?

Have you taken her to a vet?  That's the first thing to do.  They need to check and see if she has a urinary issue going on, like a UTI for example.  Cats are excellent at hiding pain and sometimes the only way you know there's an issue is through inappropriate behavior.

Are all of your cats spayed now?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jojobeenn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's done this before belle was here too. But she doesn't do it often. I have two right now one is smaller for the kittens but once they leave I'm throwing it away since they'll be two cats.
Not yet. It's mostly pooping that I know of and plus I don't have too much extra money at the moment. I'm spayinh my cats when my grandma goes so we get a discount

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's done this before belle was here too. But she doesn't do it often. I have two right now one is smaller for the kittens but once they leave I'm throwing it away since they'll be two cats.
Not yet. It's mostly pooping that I know of and plus I don't have too much extra money at the moment. I'm spayinh my cats when my grandma goes so we get a discount
She could be pooping outside the box for a medical issue too.  Can you get her in for a check up?

I would also add more boxes asap.  The general rule of thumb is one box per cat and then one extra.  Some cats really don't like to share.  Spaying will also help a lot!