Posting for help removing a facebook group?

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to ask if it's ok to post a link to a FB group with a suggestion that TCSers who are on FB take a look and report it.

The group in question has posted instructions on how to torture small animals including cats and while they may be protected by free speech, I suspect that they really are violating any normal human being's sense of decency.

Is it ok to post the name or link of the group and ask TCSers for help in getting the group removed from Facebook? And if so, would it go in the cat lounge? Or maybe IMO?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We don't allow Facebook links on the open forum. You can, however, PM folks the link or, an even better idea is, search for thecatsite.com page on FB and post the link there

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I found the FB page for the catsite.com but I can't post to the Wall. I think I'll PM Anne with the info and perhaps she might want to post it.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by 2dogmom

Thank you! I found the FB page for the catsite.com but I can't post to the Wall. I think I'll PM Anne with the info and perhaps she might want to post it.
Even better!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 2dogmom

I wanted to ask if it's ok to post a link to a FB group with a suggestion that TCSers who are on FB take a look and report it.

The group in question has posted instructions on how to torture small animals including cats and while they may be protected by free speech, I suspect that they really are violating any normal human being's sense of decency.

Is it ok to post the name or link of the group and ask TCSers for help in getting the group removed from Facebook? And if so, would it go in the cat lounge? Or maybe IMO?
Would you pm me the link or the name? I tried to PM you but it says you're box is full. I'm sure if enough people report it facebook will remove it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news!
I went to click the link and instead of the page I got this FB message:
The page you requested was not found.

I had it on my FB page asking people to report it and I got a lot of replies from people saying that they had.
It's GONE!