Post Spay Concern

Cookiecatlady22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 2 kittens that were spayed on Wednesday morning. I have kept them in their cones since friday because swelling began and the vet said it was because they are too active. One kittens suture site looks really good, but the other ones does not look as good. There is no heat, fluids, or sensitivity though. As soon as the cones are off they act like their normal selves, which is when I feed them and put them back on. Am I over reacting? I am so ready for them to be healed! I have posted a pic of Tris' sutures and both babies together.
20181021_131734.jpg
IMG_20181019_190403_536.jpg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Awww freckled belly !!
They're darling, too :)
That doesn't look too bad, but I'm not a vet.
Would your vet allow you to send in that photo so you could see what they think?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cookiecatlady22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It just worries me a bit, because theres a little bit of a gap at the top and my other kitten doesnt have that. But, they are also probably more active than they should be lol, I can only do so much there. I'm not sure, I will ask them tho! They are closed on Sunday, will have to wait until tomorrow. I've never dealt with spay aftercare before, so I'm a little freaked out ‍♀♀

QueenSwife

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You sound like me when my babe had hers done. No temp, no puss, leakage, freckled belly looking good. Mine also had a hernia fixed so her site was more stitched than yours. They will be so happy when the cones are gone for good.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd send the photo to your vet. It does look a little more raised at the top. But some cats react differently to internal sutures and it could just be a slight reaction in the area. I wouldn't be immediately concerned or anything but if it takes a turn for the worse do see the vet.