Post Spay And Concerned

PippasMum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone. My new girl, Pippa, was spayed Monday last. She is a very active girl. She was so good the first 3 or 4 days about resting...no Elizabethan collar and she did not lick too much at stitches, mainly just upper chest. I check her incision daily and she's been fine, nice and flat. But last night she got very active. I keep her in my room as we have her daughter and a male cat as well and the male is a terror. She was really feeling frisky, running up and down her cat tree, jumping into window sills and down. She had her toys throwing them about. She was having so much fun. But today I look at her incision and it is puffy and pink-ish. No drainage that I can see. She is in great spirits but I can't keep her from jumping! She lived feral and I took care of her as a feral til after she had her litter. Two of her wee babes died but we saved her first born girl. Pippa was always on roof tops and walking fences in those days. She is a tree dweller and won't be told differently! So, the first picture is a kind of side view to show the puffiness and the second one is showing the incision straight on. The big problem if the consensus is she looks infected to everyone is that tomorrow is a holiday and I can't get her in to see the vet's til Tuesday. Will this be alright?? I'm so worried because I only just buried my best friend of 17 years, my 18 year old feral girl. I really hope this is normal. This is 6 days after her op. Many thanks to all who help.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks good to me. As long as it's not angry red or seeping any fluid, she's okay. The ridge around the incision is scar tissue building up and totally normal for healing. As she continues to heal, it will go down.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PippasMum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks good to me. As long as it's not angry red or seeping any fluid, she's okay. The ridge around the incision is scar tissue building up and totally normal for healing. As she continues to heal, it will go down.
Thank you so much, Stephanie! I'm a bit of a worrier :) She is just so bouncy! haha...