Post something your cat does that you know no other cat you will ever have will do

sparkymema

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Post something that your cat does that you know even if you have a hundred more cats you know the other cats will never do. For me my cat before he and I go to sleep he always kneads my legs but that isn't the unique part of it. After he does that if I have a blanket over me he goes around my whole body kneading until he tucks the blanket underneath me on all sides, then he goes and kneads my legs some more then goes to sleep in between my legs, or he cuddles up right next to me and wraps his arms around my side. 

Last edited:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Post something that your cat does that you know even if you have a hundred more cats you know the other cats will never do. For me my cat before he and I go to sleep he always kneads my legs but that isn't the unique part of it. After he does that if I have a blanket over me he goes around my whole body kneading until he tucks the blanket underneath me on all sides, then he goes and kneads my legs some more then goes to sleep in between my legs, or he cuddles up right next to me and wraps his arms around my side. 
That sound like quite an engineering feat 
 I know some cats have their idiosyncrasies but can't think of anything specific any of mine would do/have done that no other cat would. Maybe others will have more stories to share.

jexzy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat wont ever hiss and doesn't meow unless he needs/wants something.
My own little furball 

(He's a big maincoon but is the most lovely cat I've ever owned in my 17 years).

beccabooty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Before we became friends, I demanded my kitty to come to me with hand gesture. She stood on her back legs with her arms up high and charged at me a few steps.....I thought it was big of her lol.

camillel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All three of my cats are unique. Tigger will sit there and talk to me. Yes we have a whole conversation. She tattles on the other 2. Sam Adams before he goes to sleep, he comes  between us needs to have his stomach rubbed. Yes he comes right between David and I rolls on his back and both of us have to rub his belly. If one starts and the other one doesn't you get hit with a paw. Now Salem, my 8 week old will not go to sleep unless she is on my pillow up against my neck. To me this is unique because I have only had her for 1 week. And yes Sam and Tigger only had a problem with Salem for 1 day. They eat, drink and sleep together. I love my furry kids. They are the greatests

hime

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am not sure if it´s normal or not but one of my kittens is kinda vegetarian, loves watermelon, tomato, vichyssoise  cold soup :O Of course He only gets to lick twice but I find it quite unusual. Our other kitten doesn't do it :/

dovah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ever since I started clicker training, my female cat Ducky loves to call me into a room to see her amazing balancing feats. This is after I had her jump and balance on a triangle scratcher. Now she finds whatever she can to do similar and calls me to show off her skills. It's pretty cute!

freyaandzelda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Zelda kneads and bumps her head against my face while purring before settling in for a nap. She meows at me if I don't look at her during this time period. She will also try to lick/nibble my lips, nose, and eyelids. Freya has an obsession with q-tips, which worries me because I'm afraid of her choking on them. I think she has a stash. I found two on the floor in front of her one day, threw them away, turned around and she was playing with another one. I've caught her trying to "dumpster dive" in my bathroom trashcan in search of them. I've had to get creative with my disposal methods lol.

molly22

Country girl living the life with my furry friends
Adult Cat
Purraise
If I cover my head with a blanket Smokie will try to dig me out. He also meows at me if I peek at him around a corner. He'll do it over and over.

heidiv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Riley is a 'paw sucker'.  Just like a little kid sucks their thumb my Riley sucks his paw.  I've never seen another cat do this. He has done it since he was a kitten. I think it is adorable.

emmygoat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Toothless has this weird habit when I get out of shower, or come in from the rain. He absolutely HAS to jump up onto my shoulders and lick, bite, and suck on my wet hair. He even rubs against my head, getting all wet. He only sits there for a few minutes, but he has to do it any time he notices my hair is wet. After, he just goes and sits down, and goes back to what he was doing before. It's so weird, and if I don't let him do it, he gets mad and sulks. He's just so weird [emoji]128517[/emoji]

molly22

Country girl living the life with my furry friends
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Toothless has this weird habit when I get out of shower, or come in from the rain. He absolutely HAS to jump up onto my shoulders and lick, bite, and suck on my wet hair. He even rubs against my head, getting all wet. He only sits there for a few minutes, but he has to do it any time he notices my hair is wet. After, he just goes and sits down, and goes back to what he was doing before. It's so weird, and if I don't let him do it, he gets mad and sulks. He's just so weird [emoji]128517[/emoji]
Oh my gosh my 14 year old cat just started biting my wet hair! He waits for me to sit on the couch and jumps up behind me and also gets mad when I tell him to stop. I wonder what their deal is?!?! I also wonder why it took him 14 years to start this weird trait!

chom-chom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pip likes to jump on my shoulder but it has to be the left one, never the right.

Chomsky is a really quiet cat. I feed him in the kitchen and shut the door so Pip doesn't eat his food, and sometimes I forget he is in there because he doesn't make a peep. He just waits patiently till I open the door.

emmygoat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh my 14 year old cat just started biting my wet hair! He waits for me to sit on the couch and jumps up behind me and also gets mad when I tell him to stop. I wonder what their deal is?!?! I also wonder why it took him 14 years to start this weird trait!
My baby is just about a year and a half now, and has done it every time for the past year I've had him. He's also SUPER quiet. I mean, he doesn't make a sound unless he wants something, and even then it's only like a chirp.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Out of all the cats I have had in 0ver 50 years, my 14 year old Burt does something that no other has done to this extent. Whenever I sit down, no matter where it is, he comes up, jumps on my lap or a spot next to me,  and reaches out with his paw to grab my hand and pull it to him. If I ignore him, he'll use both paws and wrap them around my arm and pull me over. I am the only one he does this to, and have woke up at night with him doing this. Once my hand is near, he lays his head on it and purrs, I just melt every time he does this!

ollieoxenfree

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So many unique behaviours here!! How fun :)

Wally is like a little dog to me, he follows me around and listens to me (he understand commands like "out", "off", "come") and he performs tricks for me (for greenies). He is clicker trained now as a result of his odd behaviors and we are currently working on weave (between my legs like a dog does). I don't think I will ever have such a smart, almost self aware cat like him. He's such a momma's boy.

emmygoat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So many unique behaviours here!! How fun :)

Wally is like a little dog to me, he follows me around and listens to me (he understand commands like "out", "off", "come") and he performs tricks for me (for greenies). He is clicker trained now as a result of his odd behaviors and we are currently working on weave (between my legs like a dog does). I don't think I will ever have such a smart, almost self aware cat like him. He's such a momma's boy.
That sounds like Toothless sometimes. He's too stubborn to actually learn tricks, but he has a catnip-stuffed raccoon that he likes to play fetch with. He brings it right up to me, drops it on my lap, and sits while waiting for me to throw it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sparkymema

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Glad to see so many people posting here.

sassea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sassea was a very good cat compared to others I have been around. She hardly ever got on things or tried to sneek out. If she needed spoken too. All I had to do is say "no". No hollering or snapping fingers. She would stop, sas back at me and then go on her way.