Post-Quarantined Behavior

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do kittens bounce back quickly from isolation? Will he try harder to out rank me since I subjected him to isolation, neck collar and oral medicine? isn't he at an age where he could be harder to handle ? Mean and angry. What behavior can I possible expect ? Or are cats so different that it might depend upon his instincts? How can I help him more beside sittin' with him two or three time a day brushing and playing ? I put him in a room with a window and bird tree outside . French doors inside so he can see us. But he just hates it.
I am so unhappy that I have keep my new kitti In A room by himself. He is a 4 month old altered tabby-mix unknown. He was rescued from the street. He was a happy little guy in the house with one 5 year old altered female cat. They were just being to be buddies. One week in his new house he was learning house manners and off to the vet I go with new kitti for a rash on his rump. Well, it is ringworm. I AM following the course of treatment, but my littl guy hates the isolation. So for, it has been 2 and a half weeks of treatment. He was so confident , inquisitive,unafraid and smart. Now, he just melts for attention when I see him. Crying & scratching when alone. I can not pass this dreaded disease . I will need a lot a answers about a kitten from street to house behavior, as I have never had a kitten before. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I will check the feral pages for more info, too.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have found that cats are really resilient. If you give them love and great food (I have found warm chicken thighs work really well as does wet food) and comfy places to sleep and hang out and places to go high and places to look out of the window cats will be very resilient and be normal cats.

I would ask your vet what you can do now for him as he battles this but when it clears I would do all of the above and I think he'll come around quickly.

Thank you for taking good care of him and good luck on getting him healthy soon. Please feel free to ask anything anytime and hopefully we can help you and your cat.