Post pics of calicos, tortieshells and orange cats here!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lola is lovely indeed, catloverfromwayback catloverfromwayback ! The nuances and fine points escape me when it comes to deciding which CATegory these colorful girls (and they are almost always female) fall into, but one thing for sure: I love and admire them all!
Our beloved Corrie angel wasn't with us for long, but she was loved every second.
View attachment 466292View attachment 466293View attachment 466294View attachment 466295
...and then there was the mystery of her lineage. Her facial shape and features are reminiscent of some (true, traditional) Persian genealogy, PURRhaps.
Corrie was a beautiful torbie indeed!

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
View attachment 466264
we recently did the travel back to my parents (3 hours!). morgs has done so well, especially as things are chaos due to bereavement. very grateful to her.
Hoping you and your loved ones all take comfort in one another. Glad Morgana is settling in for your visit as well.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still miss her. Got loose and coyotes found her. 😢
I am so very sorry for your loss. That happened to my brofur when I was a kid, right in front of this house. That effectively stopped my parents from letting cats outdoors. One time is all it takes. And these killers are everywhere now.
*Fly free, whole, healthy, and forever Cherished, lovely angel Anduille! Rest in Perfect Love and Comfort, watching over your loved ones here on earth until reunited in due time.*
IMG_2657.JPG

LivnDedCatLady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Attachments

LivnDedCatLady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nope, tortoiseshell and white! Calico has more distinct colour patches on white, I think, where the torties have their colours more mixed.

Latest Phoebe pic. She's got a new perch for supurrvising and one of my cushions for when she needs to rest.

View attachment 466280
That’s good to know, many years ago I had a coworker tell me if they have white then by definition they’d be considered a calico bc torties were a mixture of 3 colors. I had no idea where that came from but I had just learned about torties at the time bc I had always called torties calicos before the distinction was made. I love all their unique patterns and personalities I don’t find any coat pattern better than another bc no matter what they’re all so adorable and uniquely themselves but I do love talking about the different kinds and how it seems to play a part in their personalities too.