Post pics of calicos, tortieshells and orange cats here!

junglecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am glad you like the pictures Junglecat. All the kitties here are lovely. This the tortieshell I use to have. She died about 6 years ago. Her name was Cammie.. I thought you like to she her as well.. She was such a nice cat..

I'm so sorry for your loss of Cammie. She was a lovely cat. She had beautiful green eyes too. I know that she was so happy to have you in her life!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cocoabean, our long haired Tortie.  She may be a Torbie actually - she does have striping patterns when you look closely.  This first photo is now in a book about Tortoiseshell cats by Ingrid King who runs a blog - The Conscious Cat.  

Last edited:

junglecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Question:
Mocha's paperwork from the shelter says that she is a tortoiseshell mix. Would that make her a tortie or a torbie? How can I tell?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Question:
Mocha's paperwork from the shelter says that she is a tortoiseshell mix. Would that make her a tortie or a torbie? How can I tell?
"Mix" is used to say she is of mixed breeds - nothing specific.

Personally, I'd classify her as Calico due to the white patches but I think there is such a fine line of what is what with this coat pattern; plus people in different countries seem to call them different things.

Mocha has tabby markings so if calling her Tortoiseshell, she would then be a Torbie as well - which further elaborates on her coat pattern.  But I'm no expert - I hope someone else can give a better explanation!

catlore

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

This is my Miss Kitty. She was 5 when I found her at the SPCA, and she weighed 23 lbs. Two years later she is a healthier 17 lbs, but the vet says she needs to loss some more. She loves her food! Switching to Origins and hope that will help. It has taken two years, but she has finally moved from sleeping at the food of the bed, to the pillow next to mine. 

junglecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you, Molly92 and sivyaleah! I tried to take a good picture of Mocha, but she kept on moving. Her sister was adopted by someone else and she was a black and white tuxedo cat. Mocha has white paws and a white chest. She is really mixed lol![emoji]9786[/emoji]

junglecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

This is my Miss Kitty. She was 5 when I found her at the SPCA, and she weighed 23 lbs. Two years later she is a healthier 17 lbs, but the vet says she needs to loss some more. She loves her food! Switching to Origins and hope that will help. It has taken two years, but she has finally moved from sleeping at the food of the bed, to the pillow next to mine. 
Wow! Our cats resemble each other a lot![emoji]9786[/emoji] When I adopted Mocha, she weighed 14 pounds, but she has lost some of the excess weight. I'm not sure what she weighs now. But, Mocha loves to eat too! I just switched her to "Young Again" for senior cats. It seems to be working for her so far.

junglecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@tabbymommy: Tabby and Sweet pea are adorable kitties! [emoji]9786[/emoji][emoji]9786[/emoji]

Last edited:

raerae624

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise