Possibly More Kittens?

mamakity88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my mommy kitty gave birth to 3 beautiful baby kittens between 12:20 and 1:30 am today, April 20. I have noticed that she hasn't really lost her baby belly that much, and is very very needy. Her breathing seems to go between fast And regular rates every few minutes. It's now 10 pm on the 20th and other than her breathing, she seems just as needy as she was all day before she had the first babies but otherwise fine. No distress, pushing without results, or constant meowing. She just follows me thru the house meowing on occasion till I pay attention and going about her regular business. I am pretty sure nicely another baby like lump moving around earlier but no new babies. I can't afford an emergency vet visit and my regular vet get can't see us without payment. Is it possible for her to have more babies at such a distance between kittens?

babysasha2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't have experience in this but going by what I've read on this site kittens can be born several days apart.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, she may have still one baby. Its true, they can have long pauses, several hours or even days. If the momma is in no distress, no visible problems save some minor aftercontractions or some red colored discharge, its just to observe, but you can wait and see. Be observant, its touchy, but its not alarming as yet.

I hope she does take good care of the already born kittens? Moms whom arent done with delivering
So my mommy kitty gave birth to 3 beautiful baby kittens between 12:20 and 1:30 am today, April 20. I have noticed that she hasn't really lost her baby belly that much, and is very very needy. Her breathing seems to go between fast And regular rates every few minutes. It's now 10 pm on the 20th and other than her breathing, she seems just as needy as she was all day before she had the first babies but otherwise fine. No distress, pushing without results, or constant meowing. She just follows me thru the house meowing on occasion till I pay attention and going about her regular business. I am pretty sure nicely another baby like lump moving around earlier but no new babies. I can't afford an emergency vet visit and my regular vet get can't see us without payment. Is it possible for her to have more babies at such a distance between kittens?
, not always do.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Her uterus could still be shrinking back to normal, making it look like there could be more... Has she had any more yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mamakity88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As of this morning she's still swollen but the swelling went down some. She's taking great care of her babies that are already born but still no more and she's extremely needy still. I can barely leave the room without her meowing at me or following me around all day lol. She's eating and drinking great and nursing just fine. I felt at least one lump yesterday and I'm still keeping a close eye on her but otherwise everything seems the same as yesterday. She doesn't seem distressed or unwell at all, just the look that she's still pregnant.