Possible tumor in 15 year old cat

our3girls

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone just found this thread and I have a senior cat that is 15 this febuary.I noticed that she also walking with a limp and having a trouble jumping up on things like she used to.
Earlier in the year she had an xray done and it showed some kind of mass/tumor on her left side.Its rather large but she seems to be not struggling as bad when she was 1st diagnosed.I live on a fixed income and vet cost are extremely expensive making it difficult for us to afford the care she may need.I know I should have thought about this about this before getting pets but whats done is done.From what I mread by getting a simple blood test may tell us more with whats going on.Other wise Cinnamon seems to be a happy very vocal cat.She is the one that I have mentioned in the behavorial threads about bulling my other cat lover and biting on chirpers neck while grooming her.Could all of this somehow be intertwined with this possible tumor?Sorry my grammar is poor.Life hasn't been kind and I suffered closed head injuries no sympathy for me please just my cat.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, yes might be due to the mass. Poor kitty! If the mass us inoperable all the money in the world woukdnt help. If uts vet care you need do ask avet if there are any people ir funds that can help--you could set up a GoFundMe page.

Your kitty may be in some pain, I hate to say. They show it quietly. Please don't let it get to the point she is suffering before doing something.

I will say a prayer for you and your furkid. This is not fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

our3girls

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tried raising funds on the give forward site uncessfully,All I could raise was about $70 and I published it everywhere.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

our3girls

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also want  to say thank you for your prayers and that we have been praying over cinnamon also.I need to raise enough funds to get cinnamon a ct scan which cost over $300 to get a better llok at this mass.Im going to try another fund raising effort and see if it goes better.

bridget77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Kitty Sammy too has a tumor, I took  him to the vet a few days ago  he is not eating, and  has not eaten for several days.  He has tumors in his throat and the vet discovered a mass in his intestine.   He said he could operate, but did not think it would help.  The last cat I had operated on died two days later. 

To date the cost of having Sammy to the vet has been around $800. and I am having a hard t ime letting him go.  I feel he needs to be put down and out of his misery.   I pray he will just die in  his sleep and I will not have to make the decision.