Possible to identify anything in one of our DLH cats?

furacious

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! We now have a kitty brood of 4 since we also adopted Tilly after Lucy, Harriet, and Fred. [emoji]128522[/emoji] As posted in my intro, each of our cats picked us but Tilly's was by far the most dramatic. I had been following her with great interest on our shelter page but for various reasons didn't visit with her until two weeks ago. I walked into her room and she literally launched herself into my arms, knocking me from
the bending position to seated and into my lap. Where she refused to leave. I mean REFUSED. Of course she came home that day...

Sorry for the irrelevant backstory howeverof our cats we have Harriet who the shelter listed as a dlh dilute calico. Tilly is listed as a dlh blue/grey and white. Her face, grey coloring and tail to my untrained eye appear so different from Harriet's that I was wondering if there was anything able to be pinpointed about a specific breed mixed in. I am, of course, aware that dlhs come in many variations. Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

furacious

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh and Tilly is SUPER talkative and mega lapcat. Way more than even Lucy our torti who talks a lot. Tilly has a funny little mew she uses responsively in between each of our sentences. And she growls if you try and remove her from your lap.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry, its a little bewildering whom is whom.  I see the last one is a diluted tortie and white, but this you knew already.   Possibly diluted calico.   And the last one is Harriet.

Anyways, all are splenid longhairs.  And however nice they are, none seems to be a clear cut - this breed, or that breed...

Possibly german longhairs...

furacious

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! All pics in the OP are the same cat (Tilly). Was jist going for different angles. The second post shows our other dlh (Harriet) just for comparison. Thanks for answering.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aha, so the gorgious reddish in one of the pics shall be interpreted as blue-gray... OK.

Sorry, Im stuck - no immediate associations, unless it is German Longhair...

Is Tilly biggish?   And Harriet?

Both being very handsome, in somewhat different ways, Im sure I dont need to pronounce.   :)

furacious

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also thought Tilly had these brown-red hints through her grey but am basically quoting to you the shelter's description. Mainly because her tail is huge and rounded compared to the dust sweeper that is Harriet's was curious if anything notable.

Harriet is huge. Like a big big cat. Tilly is much smaller but 10 times fluffier haha.

No big deal if nothing particularly sticks out. Was just curious. And thanks for the compliments...though terribly biased I think they are gorgeous. [emoji]128521[/emoji]

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I dont see the pics now on this computer. I saw them earlier on the computer at work...  but if Harriet is that huge, she has surely an Ancestor. My guess will be a Norwegian Forest cat, even if Maine coon are more common in America.

dixielandcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't see any pictures from any of the forum's. I think this site might be having difficulty.