Possible Stray

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: You really tried with that cat. He may have something else painful going on. Also, full on tomcats sometimes have extreme hormonal swings for several weeks unless you get them a hormone shot, which usually helps. Also, for future reference, it is good to keep a cat contained and allow them to establish their base camp and then allow kitty introductions - cats are territorial, like little mountain lions, so your boy was acting all "Viking". His biting is a huge thing - a lesser person might have him killed. Bottom line - you have done alot for this cat, more than most, and you got him into a situation where he wont be suffering in the elements, miserable, hungry, afraid, possibly injured.
Thank you for the update. :vibes::vibes::rock::clap::angel:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Raevyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know to keep them separated but that was easier said than done. We kept them separated for the most part but when we would switch them out one cat would be like well I dont want to leave. because he was a biter we were concerned about picking him up we would have to try and grab our other cat but she would sometimes get to close to him and I would need to grab some food or something to entice him away. My boyfriend gets stressed out easily and he just wasn't handling it well and couldn't move past the fact that he was a stray. He thinks I should have just left him alone and he would have moved on. I was the one telling everyone in the first place to leave the damn cat alone, it was everyone else enticing him to stay. petting him, feeding him, calling him over, and then someone got bit and the game was over but he was still hungry. That's not ok. You can't do that. Giving him back was hard enough, getting the guilt trip from the people who promised to do to their due diligence with him before I adopted him was just the icing on the cake. Love getting advice on what I am doing wrong from someone who has never owned a pet in her life.

Sigh....I know she means well but I think she seriously needs to sit down and reconsider her career choice. You can't agree to take an animal back into your care if you have no possible way of doing so. From the sounds of it this is the first time she has been asked to. usually she just takes animals from animal control and sends them off to real rescues who then adopt them out. We tried our best to make a properly informed decision to adopt him and we were lied to at every turn.

We decided for my bf's stress levels it will be easier for us to introduce a kitten instead. My cat gets uppety but shes all meow. the worst I've ever seen her do is thump the cat next door on the head for trying to walk through the same spot in the fence she was...nevermind he was there first. So I don't imagine a kitten will cause anymore upset than some interesting sounding meows

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great idea-There are plenty of kittens who are in dire straits. We can only hope for the best for the other guy. Like I said, you got him out of the wilds where dangers and misery lurks everywhere; no matter what his fate, it was better than that. I hope that the foster lady accepts some advice and education. Her intentions are good but her actions are harming kitties. Your experiences would make a good magazine article for Readers Digest.