Possible reasons for coughing and sneezing

AnnieLu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,
My three months old little girl had upper respirational infection and had taken antibiotics provided by vets for about two weeks.
Now she is eating well, sleeping well. Poops are normal. Feels like everything is getting better except that she's still coughing and sneezing sometimes.
Will continuing feeding her medicine work well? Or I need to take her to the vet again? Are there any other possible reasons why she coughs and sneezes? Like the air is too dry or she gets cold?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just like in people, it can take a long time to get over something like this. She could have allergies, and it's possible that humidified air WOULD make things easier for her. If it is a virus, like feline herpes, antibiotics will only take care of anything that turns bacterial, but not the virus that is causing her symptoms. Two weeks is about how long symptoms last. Coughing alone would alarm me, that could indicate asthma or heart problems. sneezing along with it most likely is upper respiritory. I have a little guy who has leukemia and gets horrible URI's because of his lowered immune system. I am giving him DMG for felines to try to help his immune system, and HomeoPet feline nose relief, which cleared it up within days. The nose relief seemed to really work! I got both on Amazon. Good luck!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When we adopted our last cat she ended up having a persistent URI. Bringing her to the vet for nebulizer treatments in addition to antibiotics helped immensely. It's always wise to contact your vet, inform them of her continued coughing/sneezing and ask their opinion. Here is a TCS Article on Feline Herpes that may have some helpful information for you:
Feline Herpes And Rhinotracheitis

Best of luck, please keep us posted on her progress. :alright: