Possible pregnancy?

Beans86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there,

My little girl is supposed to be going in to be spayed on Friday (she was a stray).
I noticed today that she's getting a little round - i assumed it was all the good food, but my sister in law said it looks like her nipples are "pinking" is it possible shes pregnant?
She has no issue with me touching her belly - it kind of feels like she has little Mexican jumping beans in there? But that could be gas right?
Lol I'm not panicking I promise

Attachments

gemmamiso

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don’t think there’s anything abnormal going on with her nipples— and if she’s getting spayed on Friday, any fetuses will be aborted. Don’t worry!! How old is she? You’re doing a great thing for taking in a stray— I know how stressful it can be to have an unfixed cat, but come Friday things will be much less worrisome for you, I hope :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Beans86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh thank goodness. I've been worrying about it all day! I wasn't sure they could spay her if she was pregnant.
The vet said shes just around 2 years old!
He didn't think she'd had kitten previously.
We live out in the country and there are a lot of "drop offs" in our area. Kittens, older cats etc. When I find them, I try to get them homes, or at least take them into the local cat rescue. I just couldn't with this one.
Nimue wandered up to our porch about a month ago, and pretended like she'd always been there. I've never met a more affection little cat in my life!
I'm so glad she'll still be able to be spayed, and it doesn't look like she pregnant. She's so small.
Thank you so SO much for answering 💗

Attachments

gemmamiso

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feel so hopeful and relieved seeing how many people on this site take in or find homes for homeless cats. She is going to have a great life with you. Keep us updated— I hope she has a smooth recovery ❤‍🩹

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Orange cats have very sweet little personalities and tend to be very loving. She does not look 2 years old in the photo. I’m happy to hear she’ll be spayed on Friday. Once she recovers, she’ll live happier, longer, and healthier. It’s wonderful that you are keeping her! :redheartpump:

Let us know how the spay goes!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Beans86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She really is the most lovely little cat!
I couldn't believe she was 2 either. She's just around the size of a 6-8 month old kitten. I'm not sure how they determine age, but I did have her seen by the rescue vet to start, and then our family vet and both gave the same age - so I guess she must be 😅
I was wondering if malnutrition played a role in her size - or if shes just a small breed cat. With the shape she was in when she found us, im guessing she hadn't had a home in a long time, if ever.
I will absolutely let everyone know how her spay went. Fingers crossed it all goes well!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, she looks like a kitten still to me in your photo. She’s just precious! Thank you for saving her!