Possible Food Allergy

Cojakama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For those with cats which have food allergies... I was wondering how long after introducing a new food did you notice allergy symptoms? I’m trying to switch my cat, Abbey, over to a limited diet. I started adding the new protein to her food a couple of days ago and now I’m seeing red patches on her face. I’m going to call the vet tomorrow to rule out anything else.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think its different with different cats. sometime allergies show up right away sometimes its slow. I would suggest stopping the new food and see if the patches go away. And call the vet, always a good idea. Is there a reason you are trying to change her over, or just trying new foods?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cojakama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m trying to introduce more foods. The vet wants her to stay away from chicken due to inflammatory issues. It’s hard to find anything w/o chicken or eggs so I want to have options in case they discontinue the food she likes or in case there is a problem with the brand.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cojakama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m also caring for my disabled husband so I do not want to have to worry about making er food.