Possible ear infection?

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm in distress I called every vet but only opening was Friday. I'm scared she may have an ear infection. Will she be okay until then? I found oticbliss medication vet formula to use in the mean time. I wish I knew the cause 😭 seems we have a veterinarian shortage here because they are always booked

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would not put anything in the ear. Cats ears are very sensitive to cleaners and medications used in the ear, and if the ear drum is ruptured, it can cause serious problems.

Why do you think there is an ear infection? What is he doing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's doing a head tilt. No idea if that's what it means. She's eating though. Or could it be a seizure related thing?

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No there isn't it's to far for the my local transits. I have to count on transit rides since I have no car

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Was able to get tomorrow morning.
Been reading on ear infection and there is
vestibular syndrome. Hopefully it's treatable

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Let us know what you find out. I have seen cats who have an irritated or infected ear tilt their head, so it may not be vestibular syndrome. At any rate, you are better off waiting for the vet since the appointment is tomorrow. I once made one of my dog's ear infection much worse by trying to home treat it in the meantime.

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hopefully I can get it treated . It sucks er vet is to far. I live in a small town so it's hard to get vet appointments same day. The transits don't go that far 😭

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good news no ear infection but it's vestibular disorder. She got meds for nausea.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you for letting us know, although I am sorry that it is vestibular disease.

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Seems she has no more head tilt. Are vestibular disease a temporary thing? I been reading about it but no idea what kinds there are. She wasn't infected because of an ear. It seemed sudden out of the blue

DeesCats

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This also happened to one of my cats out of the blue. I heard thumping and falling upstairs and rushed to see what was going on. She had her head tilted, her eyes were going back and forth and was turning in circles then falling over. We rushed her to the emergency vet, checked her out thoroughly and determined that it was idiopathic vestibular syndrome and gave her meds for nausea. She was fine within a couple days.

It was extremely scary as I thought she was having a stroke. She never had this issue ever again.

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I thought it was seizure related. She didn't had the eye part problem.