Possible Daft Question: Conjunctivitis?

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Molly had a touch of eye issues (possible early Conjunctivitis) and I was wondering if it is possible for humans to become infected? (she is fine now after her viscous eye drops (Fucithalmic Drops, from our vet)

I have been developing the same symptoms that Molly had before her appointment and my house-mate has also expressed the same symptoms as myself!

As far as we know, Tibby, Willow and Annie are okay (Tibs has already been for a check)

Although it might sound daft, is it possible to contract a similar eye issue as our kitties?

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, I don't know if it's the same virus or not. I would be concerned, since you have the same symptoms...

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure if the conjunctivitis that cats get is the same as the one we get. It would not hurt to call either your doctor's office and ask if it is possible to contract conjunctivitis from your cat, or call the vet and ask. Either way they should be able to tell you, but if your eye is hurting, swollen, reddish, irritated, please don't hesitate to get help.