Possible breed for my cat.

jmathis82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm curious what his breed might be. He does have the hair at his tips which made me think of Maine Coon and the same skunk looking tail.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
He's a very beautiful cat !

He does have a Maine coon look about him. Do you know anything about his ancestry ? Where he came from ?

His colour is either a cream tabby or a red silver tabby, I can't really tell from the pictures.
But he's a very beautiful cat :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jmathis82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got him from a shelter. I wish I knew about him.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Well I think you ended up with a very beautiful cat :rbheart: and I think you could call him a maine coon look a like ;)

jin xiong lor

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your gorgeous cat reminds me of this one. I used to babysit a 5 year old cat, which the owner said, it was a Cream Point Ragdoll. They are very pretty and huge I'd say! My local pet shelter also had one a few months ago and labeled it a Cream Ragdoll Mix. The owner never came back for the poor cat, but I took him in and rehomed him within a few months! (I wanted to take him (like fostering) in due to the fact that he wasn't groomed well and the spacing of the cage was waay to small for the poor , HUGE, fellow!)

You could search 'Cream Ragdoll' into youtube, and you will definitely see a lot of similarities to yours! (:    

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jmathis82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your gorgeous cat reminds me of this one. I used to babysit a 5 year old cat, which the owner said, it was a Cream Point Ragdoll. They are very pretty and huge I'd say! My local pet shelter also had one a few months ago and labeled it a Cream Ragdoll Mix. The owner never came back for the poor cat, but I took him in and rehomed him within a few months! (I wanted to take him (like fostering) in due to the fact that he wasn't groomed well and the spacing of the cage was waay to small for the poor , HUGE, fellow!)

You could search 'Cream Ragdoll' into youtube, and you will definitely see a lot of similarities to yours! (:    
He does favor the cat some. I love animals because you have so many breeds. I've just been curious lately what he was. He makes a cute model ;)

kittyluvs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is his coat really, really soft and silk-like?  Does he go limp when you pick him up? if so, he may be a ragdoll or ragdoll cross.   He reminds me a great deal of our Maine Coon as well.  What a beautiful cat regardless!  I know how it is to wonder I have three myself, one that is supposedly a full-blooded ragdoll, but I don't think he is.  Then one that looks almost 100 percent Maine Coon, yet we got him at the Humane Society as a kitten and one Persian/Persian cross.  The guessing game is endless. ;)