Possible Bengal?

Mango's Mama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted Mango ( born July 1,2017) from our local animal shelter last September. My baby is now 6 months old.
He made me so curious about his background because of things like, he looks quite a bit different that cats I have seen, he is long and with silky sleek coat, he moves like in a hunter mode with his head jutting and he is sooo agile, sits on my lap on the throne, chirps/meeps quite a bit ; coat feels sooo slick but most of all becUse my daughters keep saying to me --what kind of exotic animal did you get mom?! He looks weird.( I guess different from the bicolour and orange tabbies we have had)
I know there is a chance you won't even be able to answer my question but if you do, you would give me a lot of joy! ( I have spent so many hours scouring the internet until I finally ended up on your site). I guess I just want to know if you think Mango has a little Bengal in him. This way I can try and read more into what makes them a little different and maybe be able to love and take care of him better and more individually.
I have attached some photos of my cutie
The last photo which consist of 3 on left side ( disclosure: photos of a two toned marble Bengal cat I found on a breeder site on the internet --after hours and hours of perusing! And the photos on the right side are Mango's.
It just seems uncanny ...
Thanks for any feedback!

Mangos mama

grimm427

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Meet Winslow. I adopted her a few weeks ago due to her previous owners being unable to care for her anymore. They did not tell me much about her other than she was the only one to survive from the litter.i have had her for about a month now, and I would say she acts more like a dog than a cat. She constantly follows me around everywhere I go! Also, she has a curly tail (I've never seen this before on a cat) let me know what you think!

it is actually a Bengal mix breed..I have a Bengal mix breed and her markings are the same. the spots on the stomach are a dead give away. you can google image search pics of bengal mix cats.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
it is actually a Bengal mix breed..I have a Bengal mix breed and her markings are the same. the spots on the stomach are a dead give away. you can google image search pics of bengal mix cats.
There are other breeds with spots on the stomach and it can happen with cats of no specific breed. Many times Google is not helpful in identifying mixed breed cats because people often misidentify their cats breed. Even searching for purebred cat images you should be using actual breed description pages from registering bodies not random image search. Very few cats out there are any specific breed or even mix as breeding cats has only been a thing in the last 150 years. Most cats you run across will be domestic cats by default and may have very similar features to specific breeds since many of those features are naturally occurring. We cna guess at lookalikes but the truth is without pedigree papers to back up the guesses chances are that it is a coincidence.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Belly spots are frequently seen in domestic tabby cats and do not indicate Bengal ancestry. Belly spots are a normal part of the mackerel (striped) and classic (blotched) tabby patterns.

The original kitty in this thread (Mango) appears to be a brown classic tabby domestic shorthair with typical bullseye markings. I am not seeing Bengal influence.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tabby markings are never perfectly symmetrical... Lots of tabbies have markings that are somewhat asymmetrical. The pictures of Mango, above, are completely within normal range for a classic tabby that is not a Bengal.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Domestic shorthair tabby. I don't see Bengal at all. Spots are common on tabbies and symmetry doesn't mean anything. Purebred cats are so uncommon. Even color pointed cats aren't guaranteed Siamese.